Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Second 12V kill with OBS

3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  mean97 
#1 ·
Last night I went to town and came across a buddy who i haven't seen in a long time. A couple months ago he got a 94-96 ext cab long bed 4x4 dually 12V auto with around 300k mi for $3000. Since he got it he put straight pipe on it and some kind of intake. After we chatted for a while he wanted to prove that cummins was better, referring to speed. We left town and got on a wide, vacant, blacktop and he signaled 1-2-3 out the window and then stood on it. I mashed it and at first it didn't shift right but then it straightened out and I flew by him and continuously pulled away until I got up to 75-80 and let off. We turned around and I asked him when he was going to prove what it would do and he didn't say anything:hehe:. Then he said he wanted to give it another try. This time I gave him close to 3 lengths and somehow my tranny did shift right and I ate his lunch again. His look was priceless as I went by him, especially the second time. So much for showing me up with a dodge...:icon_ford:.

#3 ·
they havent impressed me much either...I've raced several before I was on the forum and had no problem beating them...The funny thing is that each of them talked alot of smack until they each got beat but I shut them up without even having a chip which is something I hope i can get before too long but we'll just have to see

#4 ·
very nice. if he did a couple things to his crummins, he would probably take ya. its good that you shut him up tho :icon_ford:

#5 ·
yea I know...the funny thing was the when we stopped and chatted for a bit afterward, he kept tellin me that I should watch out after he gets a chip. I questioned him about that but he was sure he could since I could chip mine and they are close to the same age.:tard: I guess we'll race again after he gets a chip:hehe:

#7 ·
I even asked him how to electronically control a mechanical motor he couldn't answer it but he was persistent that he could:tard::rofl:

#10 ·
it looks normal as far as i can tell

#13 ·
he would prolly try anyway :rofl:
just to be safe do you already have your gauges on your mower so you're ready for the chip?:hehe: jk

#15 ·
Stock it may be a turd, but look at how many bada_s trucks are running 12v's. They are a great platform to start with and with a little investment will rock and roll...

#21 ·
I hope your kidding about the 8K transmission. There is no way he should have paid even half that for a built 47rh.

If you think a stock 2nd Gen 12 Valve is slow, you've never ridden in a stock 1st Gen have you? :hehe: We're about as aerodynamic as a brick, so I'm sure that helps.

#18 ·
I know that like you guys said that if he'd had it turned up and a so on he could have eaten my lunch but he didn't so it was funny because he thinks my obs stroker is one mean machine...I'm not gettin a high head from it because I know that my truck is far from fast but atleast i beat him though

#19 ·
Remember also though that even though somebody turns up a 12v doesnt mean they did it right. If there tuned wrong they probably wont be much better off than stock. Good kill btw.

#20 ·
The first 12v i raced claimed to have pump work done and he smoked a little but i beat him easier than this last one.

#25 ·
but you might need some dura lube lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.