Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to put newer model seats in an 01 f 350 are there any other jobs that should be done while the seats are out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't help on newer model seats since I haven't stumbled on a good deal for them yet, but i've pulled the old ones out to shampoo my carpets. Now would be a good time to do carpet if you need. Dynamat/sound deadener. I'll be doing my carpet hopefully soon and I'll scrape rust off the driver's side gutters where the wiring harness is and seal it up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I didn't do my F350, I did put 05 seats in my 00 Ecursion. The wiring was the largest challenge. I ended up using the seat brackets and controls from my old seats on the new ones. I lost the heated seat feature as a result. The new ones had the feature, old ones didn't..so I didn't really lose anything. Little bit of wiring and they both work except the heat.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've done it also, not too bad I have 08 King Ranch with heated seats now. Wiring is the biggest challenge but not to bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done it also, not too bad I have 08 King Ranch with heated seats now. Wiring is the biggest challenge but not to bad
Hey Travis, can you assist with the wiring based on your past experience? I’m putting 04 excursion seats (memory seats) in my 01 excursion. Currently it has heated/power drivers seat and manual/heated passenger seat. Moving to heated/powered on both.
the passenger seat has the exact same connector but will only turn on the heated seat portion.
drivers side seat has the different connector so I need to identify which 3 wires to use with the existing harness. Would appreciate any help you can offer!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'll take a look and see if I have it documented, off the top of my head, since I didn't have any heated seats but did have power on both I ran power from the battery > to an inline breaker type fuse > to a relay on the firewall >regular inline fuse, then to the seats. I have the relay(s) (some other things) triggered by a key-on switch so they only run when the truck is on. I used pretty heavy wire (14 ga) I think since I figured it took a bit of juice. Overkill I know but overkilling has severed me well... :) I just used heat shrink butt connectors to do the connections, and I think I had to length some of the wires since the new seats have longer travel.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Found this today, not sure if I nailed it 100% but should help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts