Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after searching around I can’t seem to find an answer to my question. I have a ‘17 F250 Lariat and the drivers seat heater went out. Took it to a dealership and they said that it wasn’t the wire connections, it’s the element that’s out and wouldn’t be coverEd under warranty. I got the part numbers they said to get and it’s replacement foam pads for the seat. So I figure the heating pad must be imbedded in the seat instead of just on top like other versions. I call around for parts and get told that it’s not a pad in the foam, that the blower for the a/c seats is also the heater. That the blower has a heating element in it and that that is what went out. (The a/c in the seats work btw)
Has anyone taken these seats apart? Only videos I see are for 2015 and older models. Would like to get the parts to get her before ripping the cover off my seat.

These are the recommended part numbers:
hc3z2663222d
fl3z1664810g

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:
Convinced the dealership to change the blower fan assembly under the seat and my heater is back up and running!

·
Registered
2018 F350 Limited
241 Posts
Update:
Convinced the dealership to change the blower fan assembly under the seat and my heater is back up and running!
Sorry man. If I saw your thread earlier I would of directed you to a complete repair guide on how to replace the blower motor. It is a very common problem. Why was it not covered under warranty? Bumper to bumper warranty run out or your esp didn’t cover it? Premium service esp covers the repair as I just had it done to my truck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry man. If I saw your thread earlier I would of directed you to a complete repair guide on how to replace the blower motor. It is a very common problem. Why was it not covered under warranty? Bumper to bumper warranty run out or your esp didn’t cover it? Premium service esp covers the repair as I just had it done to my truck.
You could link it anyways for all of us with older trucks that might have it go out :)

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Good link @TeddyD , the Peltier module gives both heat and cool from the same unit using electric power

Air from the fan blows thru the little black hose into the seat, -- the white sock part is the air filter/intake for the unit

·
Registered
47 Posts
i actually had the dealer remove my seat and pull it all apart then open the new pads to find out they were just pads and not like the old heating elements. its like a hair dryer under the seat that blows through it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts