Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable this?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Check out your manual as most vehicles have a sequence of doing things like key on key off apply brakes etc to turn off the seat belt reminder. I did it on my '05.

·
Registered
544 Posts
There is a way. Its in the manual.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i just keep it plugged in all the time and sit ontop of it

·
Registered
127 Posts
I disabled it. Works like a charm, followed the manual. Now if I could get the keys in the ignition ding to go away I would be a happy camper

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's in the manual under " BeltMinder" in the index

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Why do you leave the keys in the ignition? You hoping someone will steal your truck? If you need to have the keys in to leave your truck running for some reason just get a remote start then you can take the keys out of the ignition if you want.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why do you leave the keys in the ignition? You hoping someone will steal your truck? If you need to have the keys in to leave your truck running for some reason just get a remote start then you can take the keys out of the ignition if you want.
It is for when i am at work, checking wells. Usually not more then ten feet from my truck and i leave it on acc so i can hear my stereo. I havea remote start, its fodr times I dont want to leave my truck running.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Just park up wind from the well so you can leave the truck running. You'll be fine! LOL BOOM

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just park up wind from the well so you can leave the truck running. You'll be fine! LOL BOOM
Most retarded statement I've read in along time. Diesels have no spark hence no source of ignition. Up here tho well service trucks have to have PAS systems just in case of natural gas leaks

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Ah duh LOL of course not. How many relays do you think are on your truck kicking in and out. I also work in the petro industry and thats the reason vehicles of EVERY type are not allowed inside the boundaries of the plant I work at unless a person is walking ahead of the vehicle with a gas detector in his hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts