Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have an 06 powerstroke that I’m in the process of installing new interior. I’m converting the interior to be the 11-16 Lariat interior. I have run across the rear drive side seat belt floor mount bolt is stripped to hell and back and I have not had any luck removing it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can remove this? It’s a fairly large bolt and torqued tightly into the hole. Thanks guys
Wood Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey

Shoe Leg Fashion Wood Flooring
Automotive tire Road surface Water Asphalt Wood

Automotive tire Road surface Water Asphalt Wood

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
That looks like a Torx bit was used on a Torx Plus bolt. You could try getting the correct size Torx+ bit and that may solve the problem. I would also suggest using a micro torch and heat up the bolt head before turning.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Hammer in a torx bit or allen key, whichever seats better and hit it with the impact in both directions. It should catch. If not, use a Dremel to cut in for a flathead screwdriver. Or yeah, weld a washer and nut onto it.

·
Administrator
33,880 Posts
pretty large shoulder on that bolt, a good vice grip is where I would start if I could swing it

otherwise a nut and a spot weld like mentioned and done

I have always used a t55 on those not the t55 plus/super AKA (like we needed another set of tools ) and never an issue ,, i think someone did something stupid

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I would cut a piece of cardboard to shield everything else and just weld a nut on that baby. It’ll come right out. Besides the obvious nut, the heat transfer from the weld will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hydro

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
(like we needed another set of tools )
So true. I have a set of Triple Star bits because I needed 1 bit to take out the seat in my daughter's VW. They will probably never be used again.

Reactions: Hydro and ZMANN

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
I agree with @ZMANN Get a pair of vice grips on there tight and smack it with a hammer at the same time while you try and turn. OLD SCHOOL IMPACT :D

-jokester

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe... I'm sure there are plenty of folks that will say what the heck is a Torx Plus... and yea I do have a set... but hey you can just weld a bar on the end and that will work as a handle also... :)

Reactions: ZMANN

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,133 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts