Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, has anyone put a 99.5 to 03 sd turbo on an obs using the obs exhaust housing? Ok so turbo number 2 in two months so no im going to do somthing cheap but would like for it to last. Not going to keep the truck for a realy long time but would not like to have to do this agen in a month. Has any one done this? if not im going to try it and i will keep all of you updated.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
your truck shoudnt be eating up your turbo with you mods a stock one should do the sd turbo swap takes alot from what i hear

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ever since the stage 1s iv been making like 35+psi in boost that is with an intercooler. and now this turbo i just got is now dumping oil out the tail pipe too. i also have a 5 speed and wen i let off the thing to shift gears i dont sould all that good for it man.

·
cj41foleyisathief
1,925 Posts
35 psi with a lot of drive pressure and a stock turbo :thumb: :hehe:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
35 psi with a lot of drive pressure and a stock turbo :thumb: :hehe:
I would not do that too much with the stocker man. but who am i to say? good luck with that one man.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
It shouldn't be any harder then swapping an early 99 to a late 99 minus the IC part!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what i was thinking. I hope all of the suff just bolts up. tryed the exhaust housings today and they interchange so far so good. not just tracking down a good sd turbo. didnt find time today to see if anyone in town had one or not so i will look tomarow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts