Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure if I’m putting this in the right thread but, stupid me updated my x4 because it kept freezing while using it and now I don’t have the option to turn the egr “on or off”. I know it just turns off the CEL but when I switch tunes now I have the CEL come up and it’s really irritating now. Does anybody know if I reset it to factory settings if I would get that back? And just never try to update it again?

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Nope its gone. EPA got involved in SCTFlashes parent company and they were forced to do an update. No way to revert it back unless you know some really geeky dudes and have some money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope its gone. EPA got involved in SCTFlashes parent company and they were forced to do an update. No way to revert it back unless you know some really geeky dudes and have some money.
Well that sucks. Guess I just gotta deal with it until the bulb eventually burns out lol

·
Administrator
32,732 Posts
agreed the SCT is ruined, the CEL is now lit and won't warn you of an actual issue

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
agreed the SCT is ruined, the CEL is now lit and won't warn you of an actual issue
I’m going to return my truck to stock and then try to sell my tuner and pick up an older one for Fords and hope it has the function back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
however you could keep the sct tuner and get a bulletproof egr cooler? Just an alternative that has a great reliability factor. Bulletproofdiesel is second to NO ONE for their quality.
I did think about that Justin. That might be another route to consider, because I soon have to reseal my HPOP due to what is a sign of a high pressure oil leak. I would get their “H-Core” one by the looks of things that one seems to bet better than just the regular tubed one.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
756 Posts
Cartoon Gesture Art Font Animated cartoon

I swear 99% of these posts are trolls.

If they're not, they deserve their bricked tuners.

I've had to stop posting in threads because the BS I read on here makes me lose faith in Americans humanity.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 778027

I swear 99% of these posts are trolls.

If they're not, they deserve their bricked tuners.

I've had to stop posting in threads because the BS I read on here makes me lose faith in Americans humanity.
Well bud, today’s your lucky day I guess. You hit that 1% out of the 100. Really didn’t know that it could dissapear in an update when I have tunes for delete. I’m also not on here religiously to see posts that come and go throughout the day. As far as the bricked tuner, I should’nt have to have kept getting pissed off at it every time the thing wouldn’t work when I need it. Just another flaw of SCT.

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
756 Posts
Off to buy a lotto ticket while I'm on a hot streak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts