Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have the edge juice platnuim with attitude. i dont like it and was thinking of getting the SCT X3. All i have done to my truck in a new exshaust 5in system and the chip and an AEM intake. Is this Porgrammer to powerful for my truck and is it going to jack anything up. Should i just stick with the edge and wait until i get more done to it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
what year is your truck?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 03 with the 6.0

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so with the limited stuff that i have it wont jack anything up in my truck. how does programer work do i plug it in and change the settings everytime. Do i need gauges if i do than witch ones should i get

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
you may or may not blow a headgasket, chances are you will, at least from what you hear. I myself would stud it and then tune it with custom tunes. Yea you will need guages, boost, pyro, trans. I have DiPricols and they are a nice guage

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
My brothers 03 only has an intake, exhaust, guages and SCT and it runs fine. Never any problems with it. For the gauges prolly EGT, Boost, and Tranny temp. I would highly recommend Innovatives custom tunes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so how do you custome tune it and whats innovatives custome tunes

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
innovative is the custom tuner. He is one of the best for the 6.0. you will have his tunes put on the xcal3

·
Registered
371 Posts
I may be wrong but it's my understanding that higher boost and therefore higher cylinder head pressures are the culprits causing head gasket failure. So if you are going for economy and just better shifting etc. then custom tunes that keep the boost down shouldn't compromise your head gaskets. These tunes however aren't necessarily going to turn your truck into the tire squealing monster you may be dreaming about. :dunno: Now is that more or less correct guys?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i have a 03 6.0 too with the sct x3 with custom tunes from dj's and it runs great no problems at all

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Dont get me wrong Im not saying something will go wrong. In my experiences, which is all I have, Ive seen alot more blow headgaskets than not, with any kind of tuning including custom. Just what ive seen, not in general guys

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Krazeehorse is right if you only run a economy tune you shouldn't have any problems at all.. But Innovatie told me that the extreme street is what gets you the best millage so thats what i run daily unless im towing. To get the tunes you call them, tell them about your truck, tell them what you are looking for, and they email you the tunes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i want a tune for economy and i want one for Power (and to smoke) i also want one for towing is that possible to have. i really dont understand how this tuner works i am use to the edge and i dont like it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Just give them a call and they will explain everything and answer any questions you have. I am sure after you talk with them you will get exactly what you want. They are very informative.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts