Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Its about 60HP difference....and supposedly better throttle response...

Take that for what its worth....SCT tuners are working on larger HP tunes though as we speak.

I am sure they are both going to be top notch products...tit for tat....6 in one half dozen in the other...etc...know what I mean

·
Registered
44 Posts
from what i have been reading not enough people have gotten the spartan tuning to make a comperison yet, i have been waiting to see the out come on this also. once (hopefully soon) SCT custom tuning gets released i think with the right tuning they will be making the same numbers, then it will come down to what unit you like better the phalinx(dashdaq) or the SCT. anyone heard any word on the release of SCT custom tuning? i keep hearing this month

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
We have sold alot of the SCT systems in the last few weeks, and have recieved nothing but praises. Our first local Spartan system will go on this weekend. I expect great reviews, but only time will tell.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Right now, the Spartan is the hot thing presently, basically because all of their customers chose to wait months for it's release, and it has finally hit their mail boxes this week.. It sounds like a great product from Matt at Spartan.
Shortly, SCT will release their custom tuning software. The SCT network of custom tuners allows you to choose from many different tuning options from different performance tuners all across the country. Each using their own expertise, and knowledge to bring their own twist to us, along with the ability to immediately download to SCT Livewire users.

I spoke with one SCT custom tuner yesterday. He currently has a 500RWHP tune complete, and is working on smoothing out the touchy throttle response on a 550 RWHP tune. I am sure there will plenty more higher power tunes to choose from in the coming months.

Like Parumph said, I would expect all of them to deliver high power levels. It'll be up to you who you trust with your engine, and who you trust to respond to your tuning issues, questions and who has the ability to fix them in a timely manner.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I will be at SCT tomorrow so i will ask about custom tunes as well. They are putting some new tunes on my truck to try out. I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I hear that SCT probably will not have the custom stuff for a few more months...I could care less either way..but thats what I hear.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I hear that SCT probably will not have the custom stuff for a few more months...I could care less either way..but thats what I hear.
Pahrump,

Do you now have the BADP Live Tunes or do you have the DashDaq?

·
Registered
800 Posts
SCT phone tech said he was told next year....
I am sure that statement was SCT's way of saying that they are not going to repeat the same mistakes that we have just witnessed this past spring.
It's not just the customer applying pressure, it's the Custom tuners themselves.
I would bet that we'll see the Custom software delivered sooner, rather than later..

Now that I've got some real power, and now that I got my shifting strategy straightened out this week, I'll be just fine until we get the goods.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Pahrump,

Do you now have the BADP Live Tunes or do you have the DashDaq?
I am done with BADP, and my dashdaq shipped out today according to Matt when I talked to him on the phone.

On a side note...installed the Spartan tunes on my cousins truck today....VERY nice!

·
Registered
280 Posts
SCT put a new tune on my truck after they put the new Ford update on it. Feels pretty much the same as it did before. Same power with less black smoke. I will post mileage results once i get them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts