Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know everyone loves the SCT programmers but I was curious to know what everyone thinks of the new Hypertech Max Energy programmer. I saw this in the diesel power mag. and it was saying how it gives you 4 more mpg and all this power and blah blah blah, plus it said you gt a money back guarantee. What are your thoughts?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Haven't heard much about it. How about you get one and tell us all about it?

·
Registered
2000 F350 Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4wd
1,426 Posts
Do a search on this forum. There has been alot of talk about the Hypertech Max Energy. I remember seeing a video someone posted here that was the result of a multi day test - multiple trucks, multiple tuners (though SCT was not one of them as I remember) but Hypertech was the clear winner in that test.

Again SCT was not part of the test and dont even want to start to speculate why not. Just the way it was.

So do a search on here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It all depends on what you want. Hypertech is a vendor that my company deals with and they actually came and and talked to us about the MAX ENERGY. The reason some people like Hypertech, is that you can tow up to the vehiclses max GVWR, on the hightest setting without raising your EGT's to high. The reason they say that, is when they test a tune, they put the truck under a load on the dino as if it were towing. So really, it is all about personal preference.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Had it for about 2 days and got a custom tunned Sct instead:hehe:

·
Registered
269 Posts
it's pretty much what you'd expect from a hypertech - a bunch of yes/no questions, choose stage 1/2/3 tuning, adjust tire size, and you're done. nothing there for those who are into "custom" tuning.

If you're buying a tuner for better mileage, it's definitely a good one to consider. I'm in the process right now of testing my mileage on all three settings to see what the differences are. Hopefully I'll be able to post my results in the next week or so.

yes, i either drive too much or have no life :D

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,211 Posts
IMHO if you get a good tuner to right your custom files, there is NO subsitute for a custom made file for your truck. Hypertech (and others likeit) are canned programmers that are genericly written. Go SCT, you won't regret it.:thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the Max Energy on my truck and love it. Granted I haven't had anything else to compare, but I'm happy. The truck is a completely different animal with the tuner versus stock. I really got it for the mileage improvement. I have a racecar for the killer acceleration so I'm not concerned about max get up and go for my truck. It pulls great though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 04 with k&n intake and 4" straight pipe. Just put my hypertech max energy on yesterday and WOW! All of my previous experience with diesels has been on my 01 dodge 5.9 (660hp & 850 tq) so i have nothing to compare it to. But it is like a completely different truck! It shifts better, faster, sooner and firmer too. Not alot of smoke but it will light up the 35" tires pretty easy. Went from 13.4 mpg hwy to 19.0 @65mph over a 70 mile drive, which aint too bad for a 4 door 250 w 6" lift on 35" mudders.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I have a 04 with k&n intake and 4" straight pipe. Just put my hypertech max energy on yesterday and WOW! All of my previous experience with diesels has been on my 01 dodge 5.9 (660hp & 850 tq) so i have nothing to compare it to. But it is like a completely different truck! It shifts better, faster, sooner and firmer too. Not alot of smoke but it will light up the 35" tires pretty easy. Went from 13.4 mpg hwy to 19.0 @65mph over a 70 mile drive, which aint too bad for a 4 door 250 w 6" lift on 35" mudders.
And with a SCT custom tuned, you'll have more power and better transmission controls.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im sure the sct is better overall. I had an sct tuner on my 07 mustang gt and it was gnarley for sure! I got the hypertech off craigslist for 100 bucks.. If i were to pick one out of a lineup, it probably wouldnt have been the max energy, but my results were impressive. Especially for $100 lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.