Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i realize that the sct is the way to go everyone on here seems to love it as do i, my friend has it on his truck. i am in a deal right now to get a bully dog pup for a very good price. does any one no about this tuner? is it ok for the trucks. does it work good? sorry to ask questions about the bully dog i am just really interested in it and i would like your help.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I ran one when I had my 6.0 for a little bit and hated it. No trans tuning=no bueno

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what did you not like about it?

·
Registered
641 Posts
With all the extra power and no trans tuning, my trans would hang gears and then finally slam into the next one HARD. It had ok power, but don't expect your transmission to last too long.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it sounds like its a bad deal hahah

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ya I would stay away from it haha, just save your money and get some custom tunes and you'll be much much happier

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would love to get and sct badly i just dont have that kind of money. they are like 600 right?

how are the XCAL2 i can get one of those for 250

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think they are around $400 then you will need to buy custom tunes from innovative or whichever tuner your would like

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i like the tony chip that you have alot but it does not run on my truck, but that is exaccly what im looking for i just do not want to pay more than 400

·
Registered
362 Posts
you can find used ones out there every once and a while for around $200-$250 and then just get some custom tunes from Cale which are $25 but i think the price might have gone up. That how i got mine and it was definitely worth the money for the power and technology that you receive. Buy an SCT bud

·
Registered
45 Posts
Take the advise , you will be happier. i thought i would try the cheap way too and ended up with a van akkien's in the glove box unused cause the livewire is safer and more complete tune. i should have tookin the advise and saved a few bucks. but may go back to orig. untill warranty is up.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I got a xcal 2 for $110 shipped off ebay. Couldn't be more pleased with custom tunes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ok i can tell you for my 6.4 i purchased the bully dog triple dog, it seemed to work fine for the first week or so. but then it would miss gears or just slam the ever living crap out of them. I tried everything that bully dog asked me about trans relearn process with no success. they finally allowed me to return it for a full refund. This was just my experience, I have buddy with a dodge that has 10k on his with no problems. Just wanted you to know that for me it wasnt worth giving it to me if it was going to cost me to replace a tranny. I would save up until i got what i wanted before just trying it out, wish I would have done that. JMHO

not sure what others think about superchips but i know they are under 4 bills (never used them)

Oh isnt it bully dog that allows you to try it before you buy??? ( i personally would steer you away from them but i alway try to remember that its not what i want but what YOU want, but i will tell ya what i think or know)

W

·
0 Posts
there is no point in going with the 2nd best product, get the best and be done with it, if you cant afford it then wait. no point in taking a risk with a product that is inferior... there is a reason custom tunes are the best...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yup. Just wait and you will find a good deal on one. I picked up my X3 here for $175!!!! With Innovative's X-Street tune and I got lucky and the strategies matched!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts