Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got new tunes from Eric and I guess I need to go to the sct web page and download the new software. Here is my question, once I do that can I still load my tunes from Cale? Will the new updated software erase the old custum tunes I have on the sct right now, or will I be able to save them? Why do we need the new updated software? Mainly once i update the sct can I leave the tunes I have on it while I update it or are they gone? And is it hard to do the update.....tips tricks

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
I believe the new tunes they are writtin are C3 or something like that vs the old version ll3. The update basicly makes it so you can upload both. Update liveload etc double check just to make sure.

·
Registered
597 Posts
you need to have backups of tunes befoe loading new SCT software. A firmware update will kill everything on the SCT and you will need to reload all your tunes. Also the truck should be set back to 'stock" tune before beginning any of this.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I know to return the truck to stock. So as long as I have the old tunes (current tunes I am running) saved on the computer and down load the new software from sct, I can still run both tunes the new and old versions?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ok I know to return the truck to stock. So as long as I have the old tunes (current tunes I am running) saved on the computer and down load the new software from sct, I can still run both tunes the new and old versions?
yes, provided they are the same strategy. You can only have 3 custom tunes on the SCT at any time, but you can have as many tunes as you want. You just use the live update software to load what tunes you want on the tuner, then load them on the truck.

But beware before updating your firmware, there are different firmwares for different model SCT X3's depeding on the the production date of the X3. This is all spelled out on SCT's site, but can be a bit confusing.

SCT's tech's a great at helping you through the update process, so if you have any questions they are easy to get a hold of.

As far as it being unlocked. not sure, mine has always been unlocked...

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
Woah.. your making this a bigger deal than it is. Just download the new software and then load your tune just like the you used to do. :nod: No need to do anything else

·
Registered
425 Posts
yes its that simple. just download update u shouldnt need to update your firmware. i just did to load my RCD tune

·
Registered
425 Posts
i missed spelled shouldnt have too.lol

·
Registered
597 Posts
just going by what the guys at Innovative told me to do. update firmware, format MMC card, load new software, load new "tunes" and then reprogrom ecm.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
let me look at my production date on the sct. I will try tonight, just scared to do it..LOL do I just update the device firmware under the device software section.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the sf3 x3 3015.............. what do I have to update.....device tune, device software or firmware.

·
Registered
425 Posts
device software . device tune is for the stock tunes i thing. check to see if it is up to date on the firmware . plug in tuner to computer and check the firmware in device info

·
Registered
597 Posts
yep, software, if you firmware is up to date. If firmware is not up to date, then it's best to update firmware, format mmc card, install software, install device tunes, then reload your custom tunes. then load on truck.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what will the firmware say if it is up to date

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so I was attempting to update the system and it says some pentium 4 computers are not compadable... I have a 4.........now what do I do

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it says if it wont work it could make my device non funtional..........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts