Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FICM crapped out on my truck, and without thinking about it, I took it in for servicing without setting it back to stock setting with the SCTx3. Long story short, they replaced the FICM and also reflashed the CPU with a newer firmware. Now I can't install any tunes due to the SCT being locked. I contacted SCT to which they responded I would have to ship my tuner to Florida and pay $150.00 for them to unlock it. Does this seem as ridiculously difficult / expensive to anyone else as it does to me?

PS My tuner says I have 5 unlocks remaining. If I have to go through all this to get it unlocked what happens when you have 0 unlocks remaining? The unit spontaneously combusts? :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
The FICM crapped out on my truck, and without thinking about it, I took it in for servicing without setting it back to stock setting with the SCTx3. Long story short, they replaced the FICM and also reflashed the CPU with a newer firmware. Now I can't install any tunes due to the SCT being locked. I contacted SCT to which they responded I would have to ship my tuner to Florida and pay $150.00 for them to unlock it. Does this seem as ridiculously difficult / expensive to anyone else as it does to me?

PS My tuner says I have 5 unlocks remaining. If I have to go through all this to get it unlocked what happens when you have 0 unlocks remaining? The unit spontaneously combusts? :dunno:
Its the same process when you go through all 5 unlocks. I thought it was only 65 bucks to unlock it though

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He said it would be $75 if I had the paperwork to prove Ford re-flashed the PCM. I have the paperwork, but no where on there does it say anything about the re-flash. Why would it? If not, $150.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
He said it would be $75 if I had the paperwork to prove Ford re-flashed the PCM. I have the paperwork, but no where on there does it say anything about the re-flash. Why would it? If not, $150.
The the service manager at the dealer. They can give you that paperwork:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts