Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a used Sct Sf3. I thought it was supposed to have 3 pre-loaded tunes but it only has the strategy tune. Am I just not finding the tunes? Or is this the only one it comes with?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you selected the Strategy Tune option?

I believe that the "canned" tunes (Tow, Street, and Perf) are under that menu option when connected to your truck OBDII port.

The Custom Tune menu is where you would find any tunes that you order from tune writers of "custom" tunes. You would need to load those tunes from your computer (received by e-mail) into the SCT through the Livewire software.

Also, you should load the Livewire software onto your computer, get it to update to the latest version, and then connect your SCT to make sure it has the latest version of the Strategy tunes downloaded from SCT via the internet.

Hope this helps.

Keith.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I selected the strategy tune option and it tuned the truck, there was no other tune options. That's why I'm confused. :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
really, that's not how mine works. It gives me the chance to select which of the 3 tunes I want to use under the Strategy menu.

Did it ask you to change or modify Options?

Oh, another thing I noticed is that sometimes the Select button clicks twice and jumps ahead by two menus without giving me a chance to read the first one. Watch for that.

I think that if you already have a canned tune on the truck, you may need to set it back to stock first, then select Strategy, then Tow, Street, or Perf. Once a tune is installed, I think it only allows options to be changed unless you go back to stock. Maybe that's what happened??

Might want to check your version of the firmware and tune version (I think it's under the device Info menu) and then compare that with SCT web site.

If this doesn't help, I would give them a call or tech chat through the web site if both of your version numbers are up to date.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts