Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the swamps FICM upgrade and plugged in my sct tuner and it says "strategy tune not supported" i just had it unlocked by sct and it has 5 unlocks available. IT seems like i read that sct was having problems unlocking the 6.0l newest ford flash. does swamps use that on their ficm's? Any ideas anyone? Is their someway i can get the tunes from sct?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Which SCT device? SF3, Livewire, new model X-3, original model X-3, X2 9400, X2 9415.

Have you tried updating the correct SCT firmware and/or Tune revision (canned tunes).

Did you install the FICM or have a dealer do it, if a dealer did it, they might have also reflashed the PCM.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a FICM on my truck with the latest ford flash. I just swapped out my old one and put this one on, no problem. The SCT does not flash your FICM. It only flashes your PCM and TCM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
its the sf3 flash, i have updated it with the latest firmware and all. I a;so installed the FICM myself it was ready to go from swamps i didnt have to have it programmed at ford. Is it possible that SCT didnt load the 3 canned tunes on it when they unlocked it?

Edit: worldwide I do remember the guy from swamps saying that, now that you mention it. I just aquired some false info from another site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts