Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will the sct touch become available?

·
Registered
733 Posts
When will the sct touch become available?
I wouldn't get it at this point in time. I foresee two issues with it both relate to one thing that makes it cool(atleast in theory).

1. While bluetooth is one of the more stable wireless connections, it still can lose connection, imagine loosing connection during loading a tune, that wouldn't be good.

2. Not all of the sensors can be read thru bluetooth. They either send too much information all the time or they send it too fast for the bluetooth to be able to handle it.

It's neat in theory, but until the tech gets better, it still has it's failings and I think bluetooth is losing it's market share in other tech areas that it may not get beyond it's current point. I see more things using a wi-fi connection then bluetooth now(which is a mistake in my opinion).

·
Registered
733 Posts
info provided by a spartan fan, partial..I think not...:doh:
I'm not the one committing a logical fallacy. You have two problems with what you just said.

1. No where did I mention that the OP should go to a Spartan tuner, I pointed out to potential problems with that tuner specifically. Ones that I know are valid, because autoenginuity mentions those issues when you get their software with the bluetooth option. I will gladly and have on here and on FTE pointed out the X3 as a viable option since I have been beta testing the spartan tuner and since it has been available to the public.

2. I mentioned facts that were of concern. If those are incorrect, then tell me why they are incorrect, don't just say I'm wrong because I am a fan of the Spartan tuner. That would be the same as saying I'm wrong because I wear glasses or I have dark hair. It is irrelevant to this. You can't say I'm wrong about the other stuff so you distract with a comment like that.

This would be the same thing as my saying, of course you would side with SCT you are in the same state as they are in. Now does that really logically follow? Just like it logically follows that I'm wrong about what I said because I may or may not be a fan of the Spartan tuner?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
no distraction from me..I just pointed out the obvious..

There are gonna be issues with everything that is brand new..that's inevitable.

But you are simply talking on speculation, you don't have a TSX, so don't talk about what you don't know about.

·
Registered
733 Posts
no distraction from me..I just pointed out the obvious..

You just don't get it. What you pointed out is irrelevant. I made no mention of Spartan at all, if this was just my way of a shameless plug for them, I would have mentioned them before you brought it up.

There are gonna be issues with everything that is brand new..that's inevitable.
I never said there wasn't. I just mentioned two potential issues that would be specific towards this product and why I wouldn't get it at this time. I didn't say for him to go to the spartan tuner, I didn't try to hock any other product.

But you are simply talking on speculation, you don't have a TSX, so don't talk about what you don't know about.
I'm not talking about speculation. My information comes directly form autoenginuity who has been using bluetooth in their automotive products for the past 3 yrs that I am aware of(as long as I've been using their product) and they still have this issues and they have been using bluetooth a lot longer then SCT has(atleast for public use) and they still have issues with it. There is no speculation here. I'm talking about the limitation of the bluetooth technology which is used by the TSX. I don't have to have my hands on that to know what the limitations are of bluetooth.

Now the TSX may not have access to the sensors that go too fast or send too much data, but once again, I'm talking about the failings of bluetooth in the automotive world and also I did say they were potential areas of concern given that it uses bluetooth technology.

Now I will also add this give that I hear more bad reviews then good for the 6.0 owners that use the LiveWire and tell people to go with the X3(now that isn't everyone, but I sure do hear more in the range of 55/45 bad versus good) and don't even get me started on the reviews of the LiveWire for the 6.4(even in these forums) and that was using mainstream technology, that makes even more leary of them using bluetooth when only a handful of professional scan tools use it and they aren't programming the ECM and TCM with it either(not to say they couldn't, their software just doesn't do that).

Now that paragraph above is my speculation, I will admit that, but the limitations of bluetooth is not speculation with regard to pulling sensors from vehicle computers.

For some reason you have a bone to pick with me and I don't know what it is about.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If the connection is lost while programming the vehicle, the module on the OBDII port will return the truck back to stock.
That's good to know. What about the sensor issue as well? How do you handle getting information from sensors that either send info to fast or too "dense"? Just not pull info from those sensors or have you found a way to boost the "strength" of the bluetooth signal to handles those sensors?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts