Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i get my sct stuff all hooked up install my dpf delete pipe and the flash device craps out on me. says its not a 6.4 device. the tech guys says i have to send it into them. tommarow i have to leave for colorado now i have to go put the dpf back on and waste half my day doing that. i guess i should got the spartan.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
So you ordered the wrong tuner?

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i didnt oreder the wrong tuner i put the tuner on my truck and it worked fine. when i went to update the firmware and get the dpf delete tune it messed up. its a 1200 dollar brick

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought it direct from sct. they wouldnt even let me overnight it to them and overnight me a new one back. i even told them i would pay for all the shipping. you would think that when you spend that much money they would do some quality control and check the products they sell.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
i bought it direct from sct. they wouldnt even let me overnight it to them and overnight me a new one back. i even told them i would pay for all the shipping. you would think that when you spend that much money they would do some quality control and check the products they sell.
Man thats some BS! !

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah im so tempted to call them and tell them to keep it and just return my money so i can get the dashdaq. what do yall think

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Tell them you want a refund, and ship it back if your not happy. We havent had any problems with the SCT DPF delete systems, but that doesnt mean they are problem free. Electronics are a B!tch like that. The UPS man probably broke it. Who knows what happened. Dont back down. Get what you want.

·
Registered
450 Posts
that sucks man, let me know if you need one, i can next day it to you we have em' on the shelf, i'll give ya a good deal on it and you can get your $$ back from them.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Bummer...........If you put it on a credit card, send it back take back your money, and take up Kyle's offer.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The flash unit itself is touchy. Mine locked up, and come to find out, it was because I accidently knocked it from the floor of my truck onto the driveway. I thought nothing of it. That was enough to loosen the memory card and shut it down..
What confuses me is this, if it's a current 9623 from SCT, why would you have to download the new firmware? The same firmware has been out for two months. It should have come pre-loaded and ready to upload.

That doesn't make sense at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
orderd mine on mon from diesel innovation and got it tuesday nite installed it wed ,work great came pre programed with the delete in it drove to day for test got 10.5 ... before i got 7.5 so thats 25% better milage leave for 1100 mile trip tommarow to oregon report back after trip on milage report. my truck is f550 with 488 gears ,cabover stye camper, "earthroamer" empy it weights 17,500 . am very happy to get better milage.only thing thats suck about the kit is that it dosnt come with the dpf gasket and ford parts wants 93.00 for the gasket kit. that sucks and no one makes that gasket but ford.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts