Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sct livewire with the extreeme race tune, egt sensor, and the dpf delete file, if i sell this unit , it should work on another 6.4 correct?

·
Registered
333 Posts
im pretty sure it will , i just purchased that same setup

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you think would be a fair price to ask for it, i have only had it for about 3 months, but am upgrading to a dashdaq.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You may be only temporarily upgrading..
Another month or two, it may be downgrading to the DD, you just never know.
And, we don't know what those SCT guys have cooking to respond to the DD, but I'm sure it's going to be pretty good...
I would buy the DD because the 250 is hot, but keep the SCT on the shelf.. Keep your options open.
The Livewire is always going to be worth what it's worth today.
When Innovative, DJ and a few others start selling their own custom tunes through the Livewire, you may be kicking yourself for selling it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I KNOW, BUT TRY EXPLAINING TO THE WIFE WHY YOU HAVE A $1300 TUNER ON THE SHELF, AND ORDERD A DASHDAQ FROM SPARTAN DIESEL FOR ANOTHER $ 1300, HARD TO MAKE HER SEE WHY

·
Registered
800 Posts
:icon_ford:
There's just some things in life a women doesn't need to know...
Buy her some pearls.:thumb:

·
Registered
573 Posts
I KNOW, BUT TRY EXPLAINING TO THE WIFE WHY YOU HAVE A $1300 TUNER ON THE SHELF, AND ORDERD A DASHDAQ FROM SPARTAN DIESEL FOR ANOTHER $ 1300, HARD TO MAKE HER SEE WHY
$1300.00 to them can be consumed in a quick 30 minute spree at the mall..... Grow some spine - keep the SCT.

:) :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
$1300.00 to them can be consumed in a quick 30 minute spree at the mall..... Grow some spine - keep the SCT.

:) :)
Man, you got that right.
A trip to the mall between my wife and kids usually costs the price of a tuner..

JMHO,
There have been complaints about the 210 as a tune that has fueling issues, and that it wouldn't make the 1/4 mile under full throttle.
I'm not saying this out of personal experience, but this is what I've read..
I don't get that.
Now he agrees there is a problem with it, and is working on it...

Considering that guy sat underground for almost three months waiting for his hardware, one would think he would have been more aware of the shortcomings, and working hard to perfect his product before he sent it out.. He sure had enough time to adjust it properly.
Remember the :moon: gesture on his release announcment?
I hate to see problems, but when someone goes out of their way to be unprofessional, Karma usually sets things straight.

I'm hoping the tunes coming from Eric will be much more refined the first time.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well I watched the SCT development for almost 6 months on this forum and other forums before making a decision to purchase one. I'm just a bit cautious on products like this due to their complexity. Overall I'm quite happy with the driveability, quality and customer service of the SCT product. HOWEVER, if SCT doesn't continue development of the product such as allowing custom tunes, product enhancement, etc etc. then I will take a look at other products such as the Spartan Tuner or SniperTuning (which is due to released very soon). Meanwhile I'm holding onto my SCT 9623-R.

·
Registered
800 Posts
One thing is for sure with the SCT, you can mash the gas and it pulls smoothly and flawlessly until you lift. You can have all of the power in the world, but if it isn't smooth, then it sucks.
My old 03' had a 160 Quad tuner. Although it ran like a ba$tard, the last thing it would do was go from point "A" to point "B" smoothly.

I don't think it's a lack of commitment to product enhancement. The liability issues are real.
If I were those guys, I would make sure I am indemnified to the max before I gambled everything I've worked to build.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I dont agree....

George...man you know I like you bro...but you talked so much smack about waiting...waiting...waiting...on the SPARTAN tuner that you actually said hell with it and bought a SCT....now you are telling folks to WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, on the SCT...theres no REAL date when the custom tuning will be released. So why wait...get what you want...you want some POWER get the Spartan with the 250 tune...you will NOT be dissapointed I assure you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I dont agree....

George...man you know I like you bro...but you talked so much smack about waiting...waiting...waiting...on the SPARTAN tuner that you actually said hell with it and bought a SCT....now you are telling folks to WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, on the SCT...theres no REAL date when the custom tuning will be released. So why wait...get what you want...you want some POWER get the Spartan with the 250 tune...you will NOT be dissapointed I assure you.

Read it, then read again.
I never told anyone to "wait" on SCT as opposed to the Spartan..
I clearly told him to buy the Spartan.
I said it's the hot ticket right now, but save the SCT as a future option. Selling it makes no sense to me, especially when we get the software, and the dealers can all get a crack at it. If an SCT dealer comes out with a super tune that "has it all', I wouldn't want to be kicking myself for selling the livewire.
You got to read more thorough my friend before you get out the voo-doo doll..

Smack?
I don't talk smack bro, you of all people should know that.. If anything, I'm just over pragmatic.
The waiting thing?
As of right now, I'm very happy with the choice I made. When it was all said and done, my choice of using SCT wasn't all about the wait.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
LOL......smack!!!!

I am sure you are happy with the choice you made....and will be much more happy in a few months when you get even better tunes.

Carry on

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i have been watching this forum since the 6.4 came out, and i did purchase the sct
i do not like that i have a check engine light on all the time, and that the display on the dash allways reads engine at reduced power, and when i call sct about this, they say well, we are working on it, why didn't they have this figured out before they released it then? also when i called sct about if they have any higher hp programs, are do they have a rough idea when , i was told that the 120 tune that i run now, is realy 170 hp. wow where did that come from. everytime i call sct i get 10 different answers on the same question, dont know if anybody else gets this when they call, but it was just my experiance.

·
Registered
573 Posts
well i have been watching this forum since the 6.4 came out, and i did purchase the sct
i do not like that i have a check engine light on all the time, and that the display on the dash allways reads engine at reduced power, and when i call sct about this, they say well, we are working on it, why didn't they have this figured out before they released it then? also when i called sct about if they have any higher hp programs, are do they have a rough idea when , i was told that the 120 tune that i run now, is realy 170 hp. wow where did that come from. everytime i call sct i get 10 different answers on the same question, dont know if anybody else gets this when they call, but it was just my experiance.
You must have a much newer truck with the new programming. I think everyone in the tuning business is fighting the new computer setup from the later 08's. Ford keeps changing things on the software releases. Mine was built in April 07 and does not have the same problem yours is having. If you search thru the forums there is some discussion about the later models having the exact problem you are. Someone even posted about a beta release SCT gave them to try to fix the problem you're having and if I remember correctly, it did work. Give them a chance and Im sure they'll get it rectified.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts