Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked SCT web site this morning and they HAVE released a new tune revision for vehicles with the DPF removed. Don't use if DPF is still installed. Version is 1.1.8 dated 3-31-08. Just for you info!!!!!! Game on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
APRIL FOOL's !!!

But i want to pay that other place $400.00 of my kid's college fund. :hehe:

Confirmed!!, the update is there --no foolin:thumb:

:burnout

·
Registered
279 Posts
I spoke to SCT and they did not know much about this update...They said it would cost $400 to get the upload, they also said they do not have plans on the ability to use custom tunes. And sounded like they were skeptical of higher hp tunes...

damn I was excited, but now back to the drawing board

·
Registered
387 Posts
You're kidding me, they're talking about not making a custom tuning program for the LiveWire?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wish I was joking...

They sounded pretty firm on it...I do not understand why on there website they have a section for packaged tunes 6.4 livewire and custom tunes 6.4 livewire. they are the same damn thing!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well if we can't get custom tunes from the dealers out there then I will be calling someone very soon about getting my money back for this thing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I spoke to Matt Lapointe at SCT and that is what he told me... Makes me what to go a different route. I really like the livewire setup, but being limited to SCT tunes is a no go for me also

·
Registered
387 Posts
Exactly. I bought mine a long time ago. It said it would be custom tunable. If paying $400 for a tune is SCT's idea of custom tuning, well goodbye SCT.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Do you think SCT wants you to wait for custom tunes or buy what they have right now? I just got an email from eric this morning, and custom tunes will be coming, but not sure when. I hope soon. I have a couple customers waiting patiently.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I talked to some guy at IDP just now, not Eric. and he said that they just released the programming last night (SCT) and he has my signed liability disclaimer there and it should be good to go later on this afternoon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Do you think SCT wants you to wait for custom tunes or buy what they have right now? I just got an email from eric this morning, and custom tunes will be coming, but not sure when. I hope soon. I have a couple customers waiting patiently.
They want you to buy whats available right now. I've waited patiently for many months, now I'm just tired of listening to SCT. Nobody can give me a strait answer about this tune, I keep getting the run around. I just don't see how SCT can justify charging $400 for a tune revision, after many people paid $900+ for a custom tunable programmer. I know how much they are paying for the pipes, and what they sell them to their dealer for. There's no doubt they're making money off of this.

·
Registered
279 Posts
$400 is just for the update, no delete pipe included. And it is SCT stock tunes with regen delete... I think I will wait for ID to package his own tunes...

·
Registered
387 Posts
$400 is just for the update, no delete pipe included. And it is SCT stock tunes with regen delete... I think I will wait for ID to package his own tunes...
:agree: So I'm not the only one who sees what SCT is doing. They make money off of every tune they sell this way. So they're just going to keep delaying the custom tuning as long as possible. Because when they release it, then the dealers get the money.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
:agree: So I'm not the only one who sees what SCT is doing. They make money off of every tune they sell this way. So they're just going to keep delaying the custom tuning as long as possible. Because when they release it, then the dealers get the money.
That's just wrong! I'm glad I held off buying the livewire. Don't think I will buy it now either.

SCT is probably banking on that current livewire owners won't jump ship and spend another $1k with another tuner. So they force you to to spend another $400 if you want to stick with them. Sounds like a wiin win for SCT. Lame!

I feel for you guys, kind of a tough decision. I'd be pi$$ed too. Look at the bright side at least you will be able to get rid of that damn dpf. Good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
if that is the case that is pretty ****ty of them. I'm glad I waited and did not bite that hook.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exactly why I am waiting... Spending my mod money elsewhere for now. It sucks having to wait but it would suck even more to be stuck with a $800+ programmer that can't upload custom tunes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
talked to a buddy at extreme diesel here in nj today. he called sct and they said it just came out today. need the livewire and it would be 600.00 bucks for software and delete pipe. my friend is looking more into it. i know its a rip off for a download even after i spent the 900 on the livewire. but as we all know it if we are happy with the sct then we are most likely to spend the extra green for it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like my LiveWire. But I've decided to go with another company. They have a good product but they just don't have very good communication with their customers. I've gotten the run around since any news was released about this tune, call this guy, then this guy, then this guy.

I'll be going with BADP. He's been giving me very strait forward answers. And he's also sending me a prototype DPF/DOC pipe to test out for him.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm with you there, I've had a Livewire for almost a year now and the support seems very weak. I joke about it being a $1000 set of guages. All of last year it wouldn't work with my F450 due to transmission tuning, still seemed like it might have issues on 1.1.6. Haven't tried 1.1.7. yet though. I "paid" for 1.1.8 DPF delete yesterday but it still hasn't been sent via email??? When I checked with tech support yesterday no one knew anything about the new tune revision. I just don't get it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts