Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a SCT tuner for my truck and was wondering if it would be possible to use it on my wifes car to pull the check engine light codes. My Edge insight will do this for my truck, but it doesn't add power. The SCT tuner will obviously allow me to add power. If I can also use it to pull the codes on my wifes car, it will be easy for me to justify the cost to her. Her car is not a diesel. She has a 2008 Pontiac Torrent (think Pontiac Equinox). She is throwing a CEL currently so if I can use this SCT to check her vehicle too, I can get it much sooner!! I plan on getting it from Innovative Diesel, because of what I have been reading on this site. Thank you for ANY input.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Just use your CTS to scan the codes on your wife's car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I thought about that but didn't know if it would work. If I can get the cable to reach from my mounted CTS to her OBDII, there should be no problem with the CTS reading her codes?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I'm getting a SCT tuner for my truck and was wondering if it would be possible to use it on my wifes car to pull the check engine light codes. My Edge insight will do this for my truck, but it doesn't add power. The SCT tuner will obviously allow me to add power. If I can also use it to pull the codes on my wifes car, it will be easy for me to justify the cost to her. Her car is not a diesel. She has a 2008 Pontiac Torrent (think Pontiac Equinox). She is throwing a CEL currently so if I can use this SCT to check her vehicle too, I can get it much sooner!! I plan on getting it from Innovative Diesel, because of what I have been reading on this site. Thank you for ANY input.
Good question!! I had to google it, is seems there are mixed answers. Some say yes and some say no.

You could always tell her "yes it will read your Pontiac", then if it don't, blame it on the internet!!! LOL!! At least you'll get a SCT!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the way you think, Lilpooh!:hehe:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts