Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just tried the sct sf3 i have on the new truck... it quit working on the old truck and i thought i try it on the new one.
well it didnt work.. it brought up an error and said incorrect vehicle. i changed to a different strategy and still the same error message. Anybody know what could be wrong. Its still got three unlocks left. It still does the "data-logging". Idk whats wrong. :dunno::doh:

·
Registered
305 Posts
did you unlock it from the other truck? sounds like it's like on another truck bud.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Try unlocking it through live load. That should do it.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
The error "incorrect Vehicle" usually indicates that the device is still locked to another vehicle. These device can be switched from one vehicle to another up to five times as long as the previous vehicle is returned back to stock.

You mentioned that it "quit working" on the old truck. What's the story there?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you unlock it from the other truck? sounds like it's like on another truck bud.
We'll it worked when i put it on that truck... Then i took it off for a few months, i went to put it back on after egr delete and it wouldnt work...

The error "incorrect Vehicle" usually indicates that the device is still locked to another vehicle. These device can be switched from one vehicle to another up to five times as long as the previous vehicle is returned back to stock.

You mentioned that it "quit working" on the old truck. What's the story there?
So is there anyway to try unlocking it from that vehicle without having the vehicle?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Yes, SCT can unlock the device. It would need to be sent in, so give Tech Support a call to set it up. Cost is $150, which includes return shipping. 866-637-1672.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, SCT can unlock the device. It would need to be sent in, so give Tech Support a call to set it up. Cost is $150, which includes return shipping. 866-637-1672.
ah ic thanks man...

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
Matt do you know who you sold the old truck too? Maybe you could set the old truck back to stock? Then it will be unlocked

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt do you know who you sold the old truck too? Maybe you could set the old truck back to stock? Then it will be unlocked
nah i just traded it in, idk who they sold it to. guess im s.o.l.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
soundz like they are tuned and ready !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts