Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
If you know how to tune your own truck or wish to learn that is the package to use. It allows you to change all the stuff the tuners (people writing tunes like Eric or Matt) change. The up side is you can fine tune your truck exactly as you want it. The down side is if you really don't know what you're doing you can also blow it up. For most people it is easier and cheaper in the long run just to get some tunes. But if you really want to get into tuning it yourself this is the way to do it.

·
Registered
2019 F250 6.7 4x4 XLT
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you know how to tune your own truck or wish to learn that is the package to use. It allows you to change all the stuff the tuners (people writing tunes like Eric or Matt) change. The up side is you can fine tune your truck exactly as you want it. The down side is if you really don't know what you're doing you can also blow it up. For most people it is easier and cheaper in the long run just to get some tunes. But if you really want to get into tuning it yourself this is the way to do it.
That's pretty much what I thought, but thought the SCT software would be more expensive. No doubt there's a strong possibility you can do some motor damage, but the fact you can completely tune your truck yourself is very attractive to me.. It's the learning curve I worry about.. :nod:

Thanks for the reply..

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Yes, this is the software that all the SCT tuners use. Like was mentioned, there is a pretty wicked learning curve.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I know what it is I am asking if anybody has used it yet, becuase I have the user manual but it does not say how to tune a diesel and there online class is gas only tuning class also so I don't want to buy it id nobody has any good info on how to tune a 6.0 with it

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I use big stuff 3 ECM to tune my turbo mustang......it's easy, but can also be very overwhelming.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
iM ACTUALLY contemplating getting it and starting to write tunes! ive been thinking it over for a while. I just need genny pigs

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I know what it is I am asking if anybody has used it yet, becuase I have the user manual but it does not say how to tune a diesel and there online class is gas only tuning class also so I don't want to buy it id nobody has any good info on how to tune a 6.0 with it
I've played with it. Like you mentioned there's a few options for training for how to tune gassers but nothing for diesels. That's how Eric Eldreth (Innovative) started out (tuning Mustangs) and Matt from Gearhead took classes from Bill @ PHP to learn diesel tuning. There are options, but probably more expensive and take longer than most are willing to wait. Best of luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
559 Posts
couldnt you just use it to tweak the tunes you have.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
If you want to tinker or live tune and you don't live near someone who is a wizard, so to speak, why not take the plunge. Especially if you have a tuning issue or are going to do some major changes. IIRC it is a lot less expensive than it was 5 years ago. Plus with the monitors we now have, you could take some notes and then dive in from there. Start small and don't change too many parameters. Of course, if you only want one or 2 tunes just buy em. Check if one of the resellers will give you a base or partially modded tune to start from.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
You cant "live tune" a 6.0 ecm. You need to load a file, drive it, make revisions and re-load the file to make changes you want to.

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
Yes, that is what I meant. But you could make a run, a tweak, a run, a tweak... until heat soak sets in.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
You cant "live tune" a 6.0 ecm. You need to load a file, drive it, make revisions and re-load the file to make changes you want to.
This is what I was trying to tell the guy in the other thread about written tables!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts