Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my understanding is the SCT livewire you can get the DPF delete tune option or what ever, then i find out from my dealer, you can only get that tune if you buy their delete pipe that they sell to, which cost me 700 bucks! :dunno: 900 bucks for the live wire itself... ok fine what ever i dish the cash, plug the thing in, not only did the initial flash take 30 min, but now every time i want to change from Extreme tune to performance, or just trany tune, I have to shut the truck off, !!?
I THOUGHT YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR TUNES ON THE FLY!?!?!?!?!:dunno::dunno:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
The size of the file that runs these trucks is huge, all the flash tuners take a great deal more time to flash or reprogram the truck. Due to the "real" tranny tuning it takes even longer with the SCT. Trust me I've tried them all, many different times and different trucks. As far as changing power levels on the fly with a flash module of any type, never seen it happen. Diablo tried to do that on the common rail 5.9 and it failed. Sorry your SCT dealer didn't give you options, but you can purchase the 9623OR livewire with or without the pipe. You could get a different delete pipe if you wanted. SCT has never advertised that changing power levels on the fly was possible. Sounds maybe like dealer issue not SCT issue.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
As far as changing power levels on the fly with a flash module of any type, never seen it happen. Diablo tried to do that on the common rail 5.9 and it failed.
They have a mass amount of change on the fly, modules, for the 5.9CR's as well as a few for the 6.0L’s (quadzilla) and the 7.3L’s (TS 6 Position Chip). Now there no where near the best option (as with SCT custom tuning). If you’re concerned with changing tunes, and deleting the DPF your outta luck. To correct all that your doing, to the truck, it will take time. Your reflashing your entire ECM with massive alterations. In all honesty, load up your biggest tune and go to town. You will get your best fuel economy and most fun on that.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ok, so my understanding is the SCT livewire you can get the DPF delete tune option or what ever, then i find out from my dealer, you can only get that tune if you buy their delete pipe that they sell to, which cost me 700 bucks! :dunno: 900 bucks for the live wire itself... ok fine what ever i dish the cash, plug the thing in, not only did the initial flash take 30 min, but now every time i want to change from Extreme tune to performance, or just trany tune, I have to shut the truck off, !!?
2 minutes of research goes a long way..
Try it next time.

·
Registered
589 Posts
its 900 for the livewire 400 for sct to release the dpf delete to your sn and the rest of the cost is the pipe. and how did you get the idea you were getting a tuner that is adjust on the fly? :doh:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Sciulli: my quote was "flash" module not plug in module's as we were talking about with quadzilla,TS 6position etc. please read first. "flash" ie thru obd II plug then can be removed won't allow change on the fly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya just misunderstood a couple things I guess. i dont have time to really research, heard good things bout SCT and I went for it, I work alot so, dont spend too much time on the net. Oh well, talked to my dealer about this whole Delete pipe and tune, ended up cuttin me 40% discount of the chip, sct pipe, and DPF delete tune. Chip is up and running on extreme right now, pipe should be in this week some time! :woot:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
you spent 900 dollars and didn't know you couldn't "shift on the fly". That is hilarious. :hehe::doh: what do you do for work!?! Wish I could blow 900 bucks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
ya just misunderstood a couple things I guess. i dont have time to really research, heard good things bout SCT and I went for it, I work alot so, dont spend too much time on the net. Oh well, talked to my dealer about this whole Delete pipe and tune, ended up cuttin me 40% discount of the chip, sct pipe, and DPF delete tune. Chip is up and running on extreme right now, pipe should be in this week some time! :woot:
At least you have it straight now, and have the pipe on the way. Just be careful if you're running the delete tune without the pipe in yet. Not sure how long that would last, if you don't find time to install the pipe sooner than later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts