Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything hooked up so far and have tried every tune. Im curious to wonder why from a dead stop it bellows smoke on every setting until it gets to or above about 2k rpm? I have owned every brand out there and this one even bone stock kinda lugs around more than others. I understand about building boost and all that good stuff but its really not responsive at all, is there some kind of delay from factory? Not sure if mine has traction control (dont see a TCS button) But is there a way to turn that off to make it more responsive on the low end?

·
Registered
800 Posts
From what I understand, the custom tuning software from SCT is finished, and so are some custom tunes from Eric. He has developed a 550RWHP tune that he is smoothing out at the low end before he releases it. The 500 RWHP is ready now. They are waiting on cleaning up the legalities before they start selling them to the public.
Shouldn't be too long, and we'll be all set..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about traction control? How do I turn it off?

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I don't belive the traction control has a switch. Sensors in the diff control it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ordered my truck to have limited slip diff, and to also
have the computer Traction Control System ( TCS ). There
is a button on my truck's dash to turn the TCS off. I have
looked at 08 Ford trucks that did not have TCS listed on the
window sticker, and they also correspondingly did not have
a TCS button on the dash. But, with all that, maybe yours
different ...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well no TCS button on dash here, but when you mash the foot feet there is almost no way to break the tires loose it delays a few seconds then after it builds boost it rockets... its as if power is limited in 1st gear maybe???

·
Registered
542 Posts
it delays a few seconds then after it builds boost it rockets... its as if power is limited in 1st gear maybe???
My money has always been on the fact that they did it on purpose, for the dpf. Since it "waits" for more boost before introducing the fuel you're asking for with your right foot, there would be less black smoke / soot happening each time you do it (since there is more oxygen/air to mix w/ the fuel for a more efficient burn).

Just my :twocents: , so take that for what its worth.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The big cure is coming soon.
You know, when I re-flashed my truck with the race shift strategy, it seems to remove some of the lag that was being highlighted by the poor shifting. There is a lot of slop in the stock tranny shifting, and sometimes it takes a second for it to figure out which gear it wants. The race shift fixed that immediately.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I am using the race shift settings, smoke is cool once in a great while but not ALL the time. Just tryin to keep up with the other cars leaving a stop light the darn thing is smoking like a trash truck for the 1st few feet :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts