Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what that might be about?
Went to load my street tune after i picked the truck up from the dealer and it was unable to load the files...gave me an error message 3 times in a row so i gave up. All the dealer did was replaced a stuck injector.
Vivian??? Help!

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
They may have done something with an update to the PCM. I really would not think that would change anything since it has not affected mine. It will probably be locked out if they wrote over a tune with an update :dunno:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They may have done something with an update to the PCM. I really would not think that would change anything since it has not affected mine. It will probably be locked out if they wrote over a tune with an update :dunno:
I returned it to stock before they got it. I have to figure this out because this stock BS is really a drag!

·
Served Our Country!
196 Posts
The dealer probably re-flashed your truck. I think you'll have to get DJ's to write you new tunes to match the new flash/strategy.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? What a PITA...i didn't tell them to flash anything?
Kool guys, i'll talk to DJ tomorrow i hope!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
werent the dealers unhooking a wire so tunners wouldnt work???

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
I have had mine reflashed and my SCT still worked fine. Not sure if they have something new out though. This is possible, but you may want to keep on looking for something else clay. You can do one thing, if you have your old strategy saved or written down some place. Go read your new strategy and compare the two. You will need the new one anyway if that is in fact what the problem is.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
definately look at reading your strategy. sounds to me like they did a reflash. i doubt they would unhook a wire to prevent tuning though, but i guess you never know.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Hi,

The problem Clay has with his SCT is not the norm and we have been working with SCT to get it fixed. I feel bad cause he's told me several times how he hates stock but SCT is sure his box is fine and with an update they can fix it.

Hi Clay, let me know if you got them the file and they hooked you up. Else, I will send Matt a message now.

Thanks,
Vivian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts