Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ran all 3 delete files on full tanks of gas.....
hand calculated with mostly highway driving which is what I do everyday. I average 15 mpg. With the dpf and stock file, same driving I would average 13 mpg. Also I am getting around 430-440 miles on a tank... Saving $15.08 per tank at today's price of 4.19. So I will have to fill up 80 times and drive 35,200 miles to pay for the SCT and delete pipe. Is it worth it? Who knows, but I love the POWER!!

The sweet spot is cruising between 55-60.....I could definatly see the ability of achieving 17 or 18 mpg but I don't drive that way!!!!

Keeping the boost below 10 psi and the rpm's below 2000 is where its at!

NOTE: This was calculated a couple weeks ago....#2 is now $4.37 here.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Dont you like the extra power?

I love the power, sound etc.....not to mention the added mpg.

I gotta say if you bought this truck as an economy vehicle, then you bought the wrong thing off the dealer lots.

·
Registered
800 Posts

I gotta say if you bought this truck as an economy vehicle, then you bought the wrong thing off the dealer lots.

I really don't care about mileage as the priority, as long as I have some power.
I didn't buy it to replace a Ford Focus.

The waste of regens and the ridiculous turbo lag is what pi$$es me off.
If I can get the power I was assuming I was getting when Ford advertized this engine to be 10% more powerful and fuel efficient as the 6.0, I would be happier.
It's a dog, a fuel hog, with the potential to be incredible.
If I can get my power back, the extra mileage from a tuner will be a bonus.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I agree....as I said I enjoy the extra fuel economy and not having to deal with Regens...that IMO are purely a waste.

The power, the feeling when driving it...when towing...etc is what I wanted when I purchased a 8K lb vehicle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does the sct dpf delete extreme race tune with straight piping smoke pretty good? :bump:
It smokes o.k....I feel that SCT created these particular tunes to be safe and keep in mind smoke is not a sign of power... it is unburned fuel and I think SCT has done a good job as far as having the turbo's cleaning up what fuel they are delivering.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

By no means am I complaining about anything....I was posting some calculations that I am seeing with my particular set up to answer some questions that people are asking a lot.

I love the power that the 6.4's are creating, not to mention the ride. I average 1000-1500 miles a week and wouldn't trade my truck for ANYTHING!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You know, they ought to put out a coal train tune.

If they turn down the boost and turn up the fuel she'll roll out some coal for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

If they turn down the boost and turn up the fuel she'll roll out some coal for sure.
I second that.... It will help with those tailgaters...The tree huggers would love it too!!!!!!!!
:thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts

I got my own version of that. I shift into 6th gear @ 30mph and let the smoke pour out behind me. I think I really pissed off some guy in a dodge one day, apparently his windows were down. :rofl:

·
Registered
280 Posts
keep it on the extreme setting if you want the best mpg AND power. i can run 65mph and my dash says 20mpg, actual is 18 or better. i have 4.30 gears, 37's and 7" of lift.
i have an updated tune from sct and it blows smoke!!!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I got my own version of that. I shift into 6th gear @ 30mph and let the smoke pour out behind me. I think I really pissed off some guy in a dodge one day, apparently his windows were down. :rofl:
That's some funny stuff right there.:hehe::woot::icon_ford:

·
Registered
132 Posts

Haha I wish that same thing everyday once i get my pipe and tuner I'm doing Stacks and i want smoke to just pour out of them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts