Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is looney tune, Djs custom tune?, what is the difference between looney tune and the pre tuned sct sf3?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well,,,,,,theres a guy on here who claims his canned tune is stronger than her looney tune.

Spend some time lurkin around the site and you won't have to dig back more than a couple of pages in the 6.0 general discussion or performance parts threads to find your answer and educate yourself.

Go to the top left of the page and there's a blank white box that is the google search. You'll get back more info about what a looney is than you'll be able to absorb in one day.

Welcome to the org and enjoy

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Call Quick Tricks ask for Vivian. Her tunes are awesome I am running the Loony Wild. It will destroy any truck with canned tunes. Call and talk to her she is very cool and helpful.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Call Vivian at Quick Tricks. Im running her looney tune and it is awsome. I tried the canned tunes on my truck and it made it shift really bad. Her looney tune has alot more power and the truck shifts better than stock.

·
Don't mind me
27,561 Posts
Thanks, i already bought a sf3, and i could send it to quick tricks to get a looney tune on it?
All you have to do is shoot her an email. I just watched a 250 put down 387 on the dyno with the Looney alone.

·
'Merica
2,118 Posts
Thats only 50 horse over stock
:doh: You really need to think about what you said. IE... RWHP.

Actually, its 127+hp over stock. My "stockish" truck put down 260 on the dyno, while being stock tuned. So likely its more like 140+hp over stock.:thumb:

·
Don't mind me
27,561 Posts

Actually, its 127+hp over stock. My "stockish" truck put down 260 on the dyno, while being stock tuned. So likely its more like 140+hp over stock.:thumb:
What Jay said. :nod:

·
Registered
381 Posts
hey does anyone have the Looney and Extreme street ? i have both and figured they would be about equal but that is not the case. My ex-street is much more powerful than my looney but the looney shifts great . is this normal or should i give vivian a shout

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
The Looney is awesome and Vivian has THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE out there, hands down. My next tune will be the Looney Wild.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hey does anyone have the Looney and Extreme street ? i have both and figured they would be about equal but that is not the case. My ex-street is much more powerful than my looney but the looney shifts great . is this normal or should i give vivian a shout
I have looney wild and extreme street. I think looney wild is better but the real reason i run it is the shifting. The only thing about looney wild is the boost. I can come real close to 40psi.

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
All you have to do is shoot her an email. I just watched a 250 put down 387 on the dyno with the Looney alone.
Who did that :wink[3]:

Stock HP (325) is measured at the crank, the number Josh posted was wheel HP. There is a pretty big loss of HP through the drivetrain.

And yeah, just email Vivian, figure out what you want from the programing, pay her, and the tune is emailed to you. No need to send in the SCT device :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Wasnt thinkin :doh:, thats is a prety big loss through drivetrain!

·
Don't mind me
27,561 Posts
I would have liked to have gotten the studded X-race up there just for a full comparison.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
05spudman, I sure hope you're studded @40psi boost! I'd call Vivian and ask about that kinda pressure. On the Looney I can lay it to the floor and hold it, and still never get past 25psi. None of my tunes from Quick Tricks or Innovative Diesel boost past 25psi.

·
Don't mind me
27,561 Posts
05spudman, I sure hope you're studded @40psi boost! I'd call Vivian and ask about that kinda pressure. On the Looney I can lay it to the floor and hold it, and still never get past 25psi. None of my tunes from Quick Tricks or Innovative Diesel boost past 25psi.
My studded Xrace and Studded Xstreet both boost well above 25psi.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeh its studded with a powermax. I think you should be making more than 25psi shouldn't you. I am no expert by any means, just do alot of reading on here.

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
I would have liked to have gotten the studded X-race up there just for a full comparison.
:nod: I would have liked to see that too.

Wish I could have taken a third run, with Xrace. I could have tested all three of the popular tunes, back to back, same truck, same day, same dyno :). Oh well, I had to git. Work and all :blahblah1:

To the OP - I have run looney and Xstreet. They are different, I can't say one is better than the other. I know which one I like better, but that's my opinion, on my truck. Your opinion may be diff, and your truck may respond diff to the programing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts