Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I had my '06 PSD in because my head studs stretched after 28k. THe dealer was VERY cool. THey didn't care about mods. Even told me to get the ARP head studs, which i did. He even blocked off the EGR cooler for and extra $50.00 Even still to cover myself I put the truck back to stock prior to taking it in. I just got it back and put the sct livewire back on and it said vehical not recognized. It also gave me two codes:
1. VXCF5H5
2. TQCKOT5
It said to call SCT. THey closed. I will call tomarrow, but in the mean time anyone shed any light?
Thanks,
Ernie

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Cool dealer. Did you return to stock before you went to the dealer?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool dealer. Did you return to stock before you went to the dealer?
Yes. I returned it to stock and drove it for about 100miles prior to taking it in. I actually just got off the phone with Larrry @ Discount Powerpart.com
He said SCT will walk me through getting it fixed or my better option, lol would be to have Eric at Innovative Diesel (30min from me) to give me a custom tune since I've got the head studs and egr cooler blocked off.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
they prob reflashed it, prob have to get it reset or something. eric would be your best option imo

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think since its the holiday weekend, I'll give SCT a call, see if they can get it working in the mean time. Then next week, I'll call and see if I can't get a custom tune.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
The latest tune revision should support your reflash. Otherwise, give us a call. We'll be in most of the day tomorrow and then closed for the Holiday's Thursday through Sunday. Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. SCT guided me through a firmware update and all is well again. Can't wait to get a custom tune.:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts