Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight guys,

Been looking at getting the iTSX for my 06. I haven't yet done the headgasket/studs, probably after xmas rustle and bustle calms down. I mainly want the device for the gauges, plus it allows for tuning. Anybody have this? Can you add the EGT option? Just wondering been looking around and can't find too much on this thing.

Also, whats the increase with the tuning? My uncle has an 04 with the banks six-gun system and I'm wanting to stomp him in the dirt to show that SCT is better than pretty much all. I had the x3 in my f150 and loved it with just exhaust and tuner. I wanna run him in the dirt with just a tuner and studs.

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Hell the stock SCT tunes will spank the 6 gun.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah! I called my shop and he sai that the latest update allowed customs! Im just wondering if the system it's self is worth a darn! Just Always been a hardwired guy just dunno of I trust the Bluetooth yet seeing as how not many people have this system.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
97 Posts
The iTSX will support custom tuning in the near future, until then for the 6.0L the preloads are really good, yes the EGT is supported, need the probe kit and an additional cable from SCT. Performance preload will add about 120-150 hp to the vehicle, as long as you are easy on the pedal and put in the tow tune when towing gas mileage will increase and the heads will not lift, iTSX should be able to be custom tuned by end of first quarter 2012

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool deal. But is it as reliable as the x3 with the pillar gauges per say? I'm gonna do my studs but I'm currently In a cast and on crutches due to a military related injury that led to surgery.

I guess the reason I started this thread is to figure OT if it'd be better to get the iTSX or gauges on the pillar w/ an x3?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
15 Posts
iTSX update

Alrighty...Have had my iTSX from Hucksdorf Desil in Franklin, WI for about a month now and here is what I know...

pros-
-Tunes are awesome and really make truck fly. REALY makes straight exhaust bark!
-ran performance for a week(dangerously fun), switched to street for daily driving(ave 15-16mpg, 19-20mpg hyw on truck computer...more like 13-14/16-17). Both seem to get better mpg than stock if you can stay off it:hehe:
-EGT probe is available(I have, but not installed...keep reading), needs to have a separate cable ordered($80) and spliced into another cable to plug into dongle thingy.
Cons-
-Three gauges max
-Bluetooth interface is intermittent, usually have to reset unit or ingnor/reconnect device on iPod once a week.
-EOT readings not available, thus did not install EGT probe... no deltas:mad:
-Trans temp reads "0" all the time.
-1639 code every time I start truck, clear code every time or live with engine light.
-Does not correct spedo in dash(SCT says Ford computer wont recognize any changes under 600rev/mi, mine is 580)
-No custom tunes available yet...SCT is working on it...

SCT says there will be updates soon(1 month ago) to remedy most of my issues, but I will be returning and switching to a diff set up if I dont see anything in January, I at least want to know my deltas.

Obtw, my degas bottle is doing a little vomitting:confused:, I kinda expected that!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought this yesterday, and red the instructions before I left the parking lot, they are very simple. Plug in, pair bluetooth and begin. So I tested out the gauges and they worked well, went to program and got and error, it told me to "return to stock if vehicle does not start" my truck didn't start so I hit "return to stock" and unfortunately got and error here to, could not start my truck, had to have it towed and reflashed. I'm going to try one more time, if the same thing happens it will be going back..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Returned iTSX and exchanged for the LivewireTS...finally, it comes on when the truck is on and goes off shortly after turning off the truck. No more Bluetooth!!! Soon to pick up BOYO rear camera.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Livewire TS

Finally, a tuner/vitals monitor in one package!! You have the option of monitoring 9 vitals at once, incuding EGT. Spedo correction, EGR off, supports custom tunes, data logging, performance test(s) and best of all no Bluetooth. :clap:
The iTSX was a good concept, if they could have gotten the Bluetooth to be more reliable. Having to reset dongle, forget device every start up was annoying! If that worked every time...occasioally, if I were to log out of ipod before i shut of the truck, i could use gauges again on start up. Thanks anyway to all the help from the boys at SCT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had the Itsx for about 8 months and I have no issues with my blue tooth. It sucks that no instructions come with it but his issue with the connection was a basic reset. Mine is able to monitor just about the same thing as the cts. The diff is the cts is hard wired and can never be took out while operating while u can move the Itsx. You can even let someone that your racing hold the device while your racing them. Lol. It has a lot of bad rep but the biggest problem is there is no instructions. I took the time to contact Viv when I got mine and it was still new to her at the time and she put me in touch with a rep from sct. I have had not one issue with mine since I first got mine setup. The sweet thing is sometimes you pick your phone up and see there is a update available for it and you just don't know what they did now but u know its an improvement. So if anyone has any questions about it I can help out. I'm willing to try to make a video but I don't know how to load it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts