Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my tunes via email. He says to go to sct.com then support then downloads then livewire updater. He says to download this program then I will be able to download my tunes. I don't see the exact phrase (livewire updater) it does give me options at the bottom for what device I have, I don't have a livewire, I have a sf3. I am very confused

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Dusty, I was just looking at the SCT site, says the SF3 is for GM...you sure you don't mean the XCal3 or the SF P/N 9415?:confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
The SF3 is under Ford Flash Devices; Pre-loaded flash device part# 3015

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
The SF3 is under Ford Flash Devices; Pre-loaded flash device part# 3015
You are correct sir. I just went and looked when I read your post. But, then I doubled checked myself, and it does not list it under the downloads for the drivers or updates.:confused: Then again, I am old school, still rocking a XCal2!:lol2::hehe::hehe:

EDIT: OK, the SF3 is just a pre-loaded XCal3 and looks like it doesn't hold customs though.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just downloaded the program now do I just plugg my tuner in to the usb port in my computer? The prgram I installed has transfer file and another option is live load tunes. Which one do I want to get the tunes from my email?

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
LiveLoad will place the tunes into the SCT. Open and run it, then plug in the SCT whem it tells you to.:thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's all good DKR, wasn't trying to put you down or anything. They did just come out with a SF3 for the Gm, so you were correct in that sense as well.The SF3 has the three pre-loaded tunes and can hold three custom tunes, or so that's the way that I understand it. I could be wrong though :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay my tuner is plugged in the computer. When i try to open the tune files in my email it says there is no program associated to open the attachment says to go to control panel. I can't figure out how to open this attachment so I can save the tunes to the computer so I can download them to the tuner. I wish I wasn't a dumb hillbilly sometimes

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wish I could help you out more Dusty but I don't have my xcal yet so i'm not to familiar with the update/download process.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
It's all good DKR, wasn't trying to put you down or anything. They did just come out with a SF3 for the Gm, so you were correct in that sense as well.The SF3 has the three pre-loaded tunes and can hold three custom tunes, or so that's the way that I understand it. I could be wrong though :dunno:
No offense taken.:D I was just reading off the site, I don't have that much experiance with the newer models. Like I said, I still use my XCal2, old school already, but it works for me!:thumb::hehe:

Okay my tuner is plugged in the computer. When i try to open the tune files in my email it says there is no program associated to open the attachment says to go to control panel. I can't figure out how to open this attachment so I can save the tunes to the computer so I can download them to the tuner. I wish I wasn't a dumb hillbilly sometimes
You don't open the actual tune files. Run LiveLoad, it'll tell you to connect the SCT, then in the window you pick where to load the file, then browse and select the file to load in. There is no program (aside from the dealers) to open the actual tune files.:thumb:

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Oh, oops...sorry, save the tune files to your harddrive. FOrgot that part.:doh:

I made a folder on my desktop that holds all my files for the SCT.:thumb:

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Easiest thing I did the first time, was just put the files directly on my desktop, that was the best way for me to find them.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Good deal, man. If I may, who's tunes are you running? Let us know how you like them... I'll bet you won't wipe the smile off your face for a week!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got Elites tunes, I will give a full update. Someone told me that they put down about the same as inovated tunes but wasn't quite as touchy on the pedel. dunno? I guess I will find out.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
614 revs/mile. LINK

1 - 20 of 26 Posts