Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought an STC GTX Tuner and DPF Back Kit for my 2011 F250 I’ve already loaded a pre-installed performance tune which I assume is emissions compliant, but I do want to delete the DPF system ASAP. So essentially, my question is, would these preloaded tunes work if I were to delete my truck? Or would I need to buy some separate tunes for a deletion? There is an option to clear codes on this tuner though, so could I run the tune and clear the codes? Or does it not work like that? I’m new to this whole deleting and tuning thing so I apologize if it’s a stupid question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I recently bought an STC GTX Tuner and DPF Back Kit for my 2011 F250 I’ve already loaded a pre-installed performance tune which I assume is emissions compliant, but I do want to delete the DPF system ASAP. So essentially, my question is, would these preloaded tunes work if I were to delete my truck? Or would I need to buy some separate tunes for a deletion? There is an option to clear codes on this tuner though, so could I run the tune and clear the codes? Or does it not work like that? I’m new to this whole deleting and tuning thing so I apologize if it’s a stupid question.

The SCT tunes will not delete or fix anything if you delete emissions and if you do and tell them they will just basically hang up on you if you ever call for support. I can't answer you about the custom tunes, but I don't think even the custom tunes will be able to have that option available to them. Removing or changing any emissions is a federal crime and will not be emissions compliant.

How has the GTX been working for you, mine is a pile. Always has communication problems and the gauges won't work with custom tunes, not that your won't, seems i got a dud.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s working alright, it’s a little slow but it loaded up everything just fine. I literally just installed it about 2-3 hours ago though, so we’ll see how it goes. And I’m sure the custom tunes would work fine. My buddy has 2019 F450 we tuned and deleted. He got options for “200 HP Tune/Emissions”, or just, “200 HP Tune”, all kinds of errors went off when we turned the truck on with the, “emissions tune”, (as we took off the stock exhaust beforehand and loaded the emissions compliant one) so we just loaded the other one and they went away. I was just hoping that I could get away with the delete on these preloaded tunes with the GTX, but I doubt I’ll be able to.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I think a lot of GTX problems comes down to the user. I had 0 complaints with mine aside from the LCD screen separating from the body that I fixed. It's very different to use if you're accustomed to using say an x4.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
The parent company for SCT Flash got sued and they were forced to remove "delete" tunes and buy back certain flash programmers a while back just like edge products. emissions tunes will not work with a deleted truck and you wont find much help finding delete tuners on the forums because of all the jokers out there trying to crash parties. do a quick Google search and you will find what you are looking for :).

Hope I don't sound rude its just the way its been going for a while now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah man, don’t worry about it. Thank you for the reply, it wasn’t rude at all. But I kind of figured replies were going to be somewhat like that. I was reading through threads and they always get sidetracked into arguments. But I did find some tunes online that I could get emailed to me, thanks for the info brother.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think a lot of GTX problems comes down to the user. I had 0 complaints with mine aside from the LCD screen separating from the body that I fixed. It's very different to use if you're accustomed to using say an x4.

Not sure about that, it's not rocket science, but maybe. In my case they think something is going on with the VIM unit or a cable. The tech lady was trying to reload some firmware (look like she had no idea what she was doing) so she wiped the device and tried to flash the firmware with no luck so they were going to have me send it in. I am in CA now and as sson as she took my address she said to hold on, came back on and said they can't help and goodbye (after she totally screwed me with leaving a bad tune on my truck), I messed with loading the files in a certain order and was able to get it back to where it was with the stock tune still able to load. So i just can't load custom tunes and expect the gauges to work, which I need. Anyway, I can't really blame them, but I thought the position they left me in was not the best feeling.

I am pulling it off and i am going to need to use a CARB compliant tuner like Edge or banks so I can get some support.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts