Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you purchase a tuner brand new with no custom tunes just the stock ones .. does the stock tunes include the egr/dpf deletes written into the tunes already? Or is that why you buy customs? Stupid question probably but I just want to buy the right thing. Stock is 600 and custom tunes preloaded Is 800. Thanks

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Stock out of the box does nothing with deletes. Delete tunes are scarce and hard to find these days due to EPA locking down tuners. They can be found but definitely much harder to find. Yes you need custom tunes for deletes.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yea, as stated, stock form there won't be any delete functions on that, you need custom tunes.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Many custom tunes are wrote for the specific vehicle so one that already has tunes on it may not work on your truck. You will need to find said device and then get a hold of a tuner that will write said tunes. Otherwise you are opening up a whole new can of worms and judging by the 6.4 forum you are talking in I don't think you want to add more headaches to what you will have in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@kbnw15 Okay that makes since. What about H&S Performance Mini Maxx DPF Delete Race Tuner? It's for sale brand new and claims it deletes and all out the package and has tunes for the 6.4 on there? They've made this kinda hard for a new owner lol

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
H&S has been out of business since 2014, but their tuners are still floating around. Most of them have been refurbished by other companies and listed as new. I've never used one, however their tunes were supposed to be pretty good if you just wanted something with some extra pep and you were deleted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@jman37 okay perfect that's great news lol I just want something I can buy and install the day I remove that terrible exhaust assembly but I want to do it soon before you can't get a tuner that's plug and play after deletes. I don't need custom tunes really if the can tunes are good enough. Will pull a stock trailer from time to time but it's mainly a DD. Thanks

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Custom is better than canned tunes in every conceivable way. Safer power and gain with the platform you chose for modding safer is a relative term

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Not sure. I never considered the mini maxx since I had an SCT in my 6.0 and don't plan on tuning or modding my 6.7 much. My personal opinion is if a company is out of business for 6 years now I can imagine support is going ot be spotty at best and most likely non existent. I would go with a SCT if it was me with a CTS 2 for monitoring.

Custom tunes are easy to get a hold of...custom tunes for deletes are what is getting tricky.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Well unfortunately you are in a 6.4 lol. So you might want to start saving for that motor haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.