Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the SCT X3 POWER FLASH FORD PROGRAMMER on River City Diesel for my 7.3 and i was wondering if anyone else had SCT i was wondering if it was good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm sure they're decent, but the best for a 7.3 would definitely be a TS 6 position chip with custom tunes from Beans, PHP, TW, or Swamps.....but you can get custom tunes uploaded on the SCT too and I'm sure some of them places can put their custom tunes on it. I have the TS with Swamps custom tunes for my set up and i love it, all the tunes at the twist of a knob!

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I had an SCT on my 7.3. With tunes form innovative. Truck ran great.

However for a 7.3 I would take the advice above and go with a custom chip.

The only reason I used the SCT is I had it from a previous truck

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
SCT sucks on 7.3

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh alright. River City Diesel tunes offer a 250, 300, and 350hp tunes for the 7.3. I was thinking of stacking that SCT with a TS Performance chip with BTS custom tunes when i get the truck fixed up haha.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: 350HP tune? Yea right.
Also, you can not stack. At all.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Thats got to be a typo .....or it could mean you can see UP TO 350 HP in their race tune for the whole truck...,..no way in the world you are gonna get their 350 HP rune and add it to your 250 hp truck and get what you think you are.....trust me. Best you can expect from a stock 7.3 with an exhaust and chip and intake is about 300 rwhp. The stock injectors don't flow enough fuel for more than that. And these trucks aren't like dodges.....you cant stack tuners. Period........don't box dyno your truck either......meaning add what they say it can give you to your truck, and then add 40 HP for the intake cause on the box it said you were going to get that......

·
Registered
11,152 Posts

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Oh alright. River City Diesel tunes offer a 250, 300, and 350hp tunes for the 7.3. I was thinking of stacking that SCT with a TS Performance chip with BTS custom tunes when i get the truck fixed up haha.
SCT sucks ***. And you cant stack on a 7.3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts