Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck into the dealership today to have the rear diff looked at. Guess the clutch pack for the LSD was shot. I noticed that it was acting up before I got the new wheels and tires. Was planning on burning off the old 38's, but a peg leg smoke show is just lame.

Getting my truck back, my SCT X3 finally showed up:woot:, new LSD in the rear, and an old set of 38's just laying around. What would you guys do?

As soon as I can get some time to swap the old wheels back, expect to see a burnout video or 2.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Your going to love the sct. Custom tunes?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know it. Custom tunes from DJ's. Probably tomorrow by the time I get my truck scanned and get a reply from Vivian.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did you buy wheels yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
you have to burn those old tires off to make sure they fixed the diff

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah, I got a set of 20" BMF S.O.T.A. Wheels. Listed in my sig.

Yes, the burnout will be a good test. I figure a pair of 38" toyo's will smoke pretty good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
how did those 38's fit on your 6" pro comp? I want to throw 37's on my 6" right now while i wait to update my lift a bit but not if they rub like crazy

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They rubbed the radius arm so no full lock turns. Pulling into a driveway with an incline..the rear of the tire would hit the fender. I looked at 37x13.5 and there wasn't a whole lot of clearance on the fender and it would still hit the suspension. The 36x15.5 don't rub on the suspension and I cant get em to the fender(I tried!). I am pretty sure my new wheels have a -19 offset if that helps any.

Procomp recommends no larger than a 35" tire for a 6" lift, but they look way too small.

·
Registered
223 Posts
They rubbed the radius arm so no full lock turns. Pulling into a driveway with an incline..the rear of the tire would hit the fender. I looked at 37x13.5 and there wasn't a whole lot of clearance on the fender and it would still hit the suspension. The 36x15.5 don't rub on the suspension and I cant get em to the fender(I tried!). I am pretty sure my new wheels have a -19 offset if that helps any.

Procomp recommends no larger than a 35" tire for a 6" lift, but they look way too small.
i hear that about the 35's i bought a set of donahoe 7" springs but i sent them back im gonna fab coilover mounts and try to get it around 7" to 8" on some fox coilovers

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
yeah my 4" pro comp lift and my 35s even look to small. I wish I went 37s. I want to do shackels or something, gain a little more lift but I dont want to get new tires already. ill wait till my are bold, with that SCT your tires are gonna look like mine soon enough and I only have like 2k miles on them :hehe:

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a little delay, I finally got my custom tunes from DJ today. Holy sh*t is all I can say. Just running the Street tune now, and I have to admit I am a little nervous about running Looney. Having traction problems already, and I can see very fast tire wear in the future. I knew the tunes would wake my truck up, but I was a little shocked as to how much.

You can add my to the SCT faithful now.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I know this is a little off the subject but I have ?? foamy

What do you think about the k & n cold air intake? I have been trying to figure out why people on here dont like it. Have you have good luck with it?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what I have heard about the K&N, it doesn't filter as well as the stock and since the stock flows enough air for 450hp+ that it isn't needed. I haven't had any problems with it, and a lot of my driving is in very dusty areas.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
How long have you been running the K & N setup?

You been using it for a long time? I dont have much dust in my area what so ever. I just dont want to mess anything up.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been installed since 2 months after new. Dealership doesn't seem to mind it for warranty work. I was thinking there might be a problem when my mass airflow sensor went bad. Only problem I have had is cleaning/drying the filter,I can't stand the drying time so I bought a second filter.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You have to clean it pretty often then?

I had already intalled mine before I joined this site and so far it has been fine. The only problems I've had is it not fitting correctly. I cant seem to get the filter far enough back so that the support bar that hooks to the radiator support will go in. Did you have any prob's with that?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It can be a little tricky to get the filter on. Found the easiest thing to do it take the support bar off the filter, put it on the rad support, then put the filter on. Filter has a smaller stud, so you don't have to force things around as much.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Been installed since 2 months after new. Dealership doesn't seem to mind it for warranty work. I was thinking there might be a problem when my mass airflow sensor went bad. Only problem I have had is cleaning/drying the filter,I can't stand the drying time so I bought a second filter.
i hear that i think i got 3 spare filters already lol .i should just clean the whole lot of them and i'd be good for a year

1 - 19 of 19 Posts