Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after all the research, questions, and tons of advice from those of you that have different programmers and the SCT I have made my decision. I ordered one and it will be here Thursday. I'm very excited and can't wait to see what everyone has been talking about. Thanks for all the help and knowledge from all you guy's and gal's.:thumb::woot:

·
Registered
672 Posts
you will love it, get some custom tunes and you will be set..... and you will never get tired of looking in your passenger mirror.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
:lol: You are about to see a WHOLE new side of what your rig can do. :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Custom tunes is next on the list, just going to try out the pre-loaded ones for a few. Them seem to look good. This is my first diesel so i'm taking it slow so I can learn everything the right way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my SCT came in today and I have no instructions on how to use it? Did anyone else's come with instructions or do I just have to print them off the internet? Need a little help:dunno:

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
If you are only using the pre-loads for now, it is really simple.

Turn your truck off, plug in the SCT under the dash into the OBDII port, adn basically follow the onscreen directions. It'll let you choose which program, then tell you to turn on key, it'll load and save you factory program, and then download the tune.

You don't have to play with the different parameters yet, just get used to the tunes.

And as I always do, I would look into the custom tunes, the canned are OK, but to get what YOU want out of your truck, go custom!!:thumb:

And congrats on the SCT!!:nod:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It came up with an error message when i was loading it and nowi had to unplug it so i can use my truck. I need some help please

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
What the error message say?

To be safe, I'd contact the vendor you purchased it from. They'll be able to get you up and running the best.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it from XPD and I called them but the tech had gone home. I dont remember what the message said. I dont know what to do.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
maybe call another vendor, like DJ's to see if they can give you a hand. they are real helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts