Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I originally flashed my truck on the extreme tune I chose the "stock" shift points. Last night I flashed again and chose the "race" shift points. I was amazed at the difference. Not only is the shifting better targeted into the power band it shifts much cleaner and harder. I always thought the stock shift points were a bit low and sluggish and labored the engine too much, even in tow/haul mode.

So, if you have the SCT 9623 with the extreme tune and you didn't load the race shift points, I urge you to try it.

Just FYI.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
thats the only way i have mine loaded :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tranny Shifting

Using the SCT extreme 1.20 my transmission was shifting very soft from 1st to second. The 3-4 shift a WOT would sometimes jump back and forth between the two gears. This felt like the trans was going to fall out when it jumped between 3rd and 4th. I loaded the race trans tune and all the problems with shifting went away. Shifting is much more firm and it goes through the gears the way you would expect it to. SCT needs to fix the non race trans file IMO. Has any one else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
gahanna that pick in your sig his just awesome made me laugh sorry to be off topic

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
im going to have to re adjust mine i have the custom tunes from dj's and i didnt know you can still adjust the options when you go to load the file

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its worth it. I too was experiencing the weird shifting from 3 to 4, I sometimes thought it was just rollin the tires and it couldnt make up its mind which gear it wanted. Going to the race trans settings solved all the weirdness. Im happy once again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts