Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i plugged in the SCT it found my vehicle then I went to program it and it came up with some error code and told me to contact the dealer if the problem continues. It stayed on the screen "exiting please wait" for like 10-15 minutes so I just unplugged it. I started the trucka nd it still cranks. did I maybe mess something up or should I try and program it again? PLease help!!:dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump::bump::bump: I really need help here guys. The cigarette lighter doesnt work so if i replace the fuse do you think that this make resolve the issue?

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
sct Xcal2 or the X3

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SF3 part# 3015

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
you should ba able to just hook it up and follow the on screen prompts to get it going. make sure to have your key off when you plug it in, then it wil power on and you just do what is asks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did that and it recognizes the 6.0L and i selected the pre-programmed tune and then it went to the error. I really need the help, going out of town soon.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
have you tried it since the error????

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i havent tried it since the error, didnt know if i should try it again. Maybe i should to see what it does?

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
go ahead and see if it comes on, it may need an update. not sure.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
It will not hurt to try, it needs to sync with your truck and read your stategy. It may have a bug keeping it from doing so, as I said in your other thread call SCT direct their tech support is great. It should be very simple 10-15 min. phone call and you may have to sync. it to your computer. Then call a vendor of your choice get custom tunes and ride hard.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didnt get any usb cables when i bought it so i dont know how i would update it. Im goign out of town too so waiting for it to be shipped wouldnt do any good at the moment. Does it take a while for it to load the files or is it a quick process? Do you think i should wait and call SCT in the morning about it or try it again and hope that it works?

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
with my Xcal2, i can use a printer cable to update and load files from my computer. is there a port that will accomodate the high speed USB cable that a printer would use???

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
i would guess that you wont be able to get ahold of a tech at this late hour. without seeing what it does with another hookup i dont know what else to do. have you checked the SCT website??

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
here is their website. SCT

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the help guys, i guess i will try it again and it the error comes up write it down real quick and call SCT in the am. Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
no problem bud. let us know what happens. im curious about what the fix would be.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did find out that my cigar lighter doesnt work and is also tha same fuse for the OBDII port. the fuse is intact and not blow but the cigar lighter doesnt work?? culd that be causing the problem? if the fuse is good though i dont know how to fix the cigar lighter unless it is wires that are loose somewhere

1 - 20 of 26 Posts