Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The automatic firmware updater is stuck in the verifying device updated successfully screen for 45 minutes now. Im sotting in my truck with a pc on the passenger seat trying to use livewire... Can i unplug and try again or am i gonna destroy my sct?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a simular problem just the other day. Try disabling all your "anti-virus" on your computer. That worked for me. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I brought my livewire ts last January and refuse to update the firmware because members were having issues. Not sure which sct you have but mine is working well and I am leaving it alone for now.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Don't feel bad, my auto-update hasn't worked since the new process began. I have had a few feeble attempts by SCT to get it working, but no one seems to follow through with proper files. Mine says it can't recognize the SN or current status, but when I request it from the device manually, it spits it out like a snitch wanting to avoid jail time!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Mine did the same thing last week, hung on verifying then it said device not found. Unplugged it and tried again and it completed the update the second go round.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I don't mean to hijack but let me ask a question along the same lines of you members who have updated your livewire ts. What is the difference in the firmware, any advantages to updating if mine is working well with the old firmware?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, i just pulled it.. Tried it again and the same thing happened.. then plugged into my truck to look at the device info and sure enough it had the new firmware but not the new tunes. Did it one more time and then it completely updated everything.

Sct called me the next morning explaining that device drivers wont completely install if there is a firewall on ur computer or something allong those lines.

To the last poster- i dont think its a huge deal but I see it as, if they are improving upon the product for free. It takes a while but it could only make things better, right?
The new firmware allows for up to 20 custom tunes btw :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts