Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not ready to make the jump to the SCT Tuner yet, but I am ready to get my guages.

I'm leaning toward digital instead of analog.

Has anyone had experience with the SCT DashScan? If I get it now, will it work with the xcal3 later?

I've heard great things about the quadzilla commander. Which would you prefer?

Thanks,

Daryl

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just had to choose, It was between the commander and the edge insight, I chose the insight, and I'm very happy with it, very easy install and does a TON more then the commander can do, it does stay plugged into OBDII port all the time, but it's no big deal , it even lets you read DTC and clear them. I got mine off of one of the site sponsors discount power parts.com talk to Larry and he can clear any questions up you might have

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you don't mind me asking, what specific things does the insight do that the commander doesn't? I looked at both websites, and nothing jumped out as a huge advantage for the insight over the commander. What were the deciding factors for you?

Thanks for the info.
Daryl

·
Registered
559 Posts
the Edge will monitor any parameter that the computer reads, there's a ton of **** I will probably never use but it's cool to play with, it will give you 0-60 times, read DTC's and a ton of other stuff I haven't got to play with it a ton since I put it in, you can set it up to read from 2 to 7 parameters at one time plus it has 4 custom setting that can be scrolled through at the touch of a button, so you can pretty much keep and eye on your whole truck easily, the deciding factor was I heard that some of the commander units was being shipped in from the factory and not working, not sure if it was a bad batch but I'm always up for trying something new

1 - 4 of 4 Posts