Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Do you use Eric's, MPTs, or other.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering every ones opinion. I just bought a custome tune from mpt. I just found out really about Eric's custom tuning at Innovative Diesel. Is there any difference? Does any one have custome tunes from MPT?

Or do you use someone else's? Comment if so.

·
Registered
353 Posts
MPT? Never heard of them.

·
Premium Member
31,730 Posts
Erics tuning is far better than MPT.

Ive used tunes from Eric, Matt, Tony Bill, and Cale.

My truck spends most time in Bills file

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am currently running MPTs Bazooka/Race tune. So far so good. Good power

and I like the way it shifts. Ran their Perf Econ/Chill tune for about a month.

Not impressed with that one. Lots of turbo lag and not enough power. Their

price on their SCT X3 was the best I found.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
who the heck is MPT. Never heard of them

·
Registered
44 Posts
More Power Tuning. I bought a SCT SF3 off of them that came with 3

custom tunes. I got a good deal on the tuner and the tunes aren't bad.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been running Vivian's Looney Wild from Quick tricks and have been very happy with it. Also tried Extreme Race by Innovative Diesel and liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the smoke bong from MPT just for a little show. With the chill tranny setting. To be honest idk what to think of it. I ran it easy for a while like they say to do so the tranny can adjust to how I drive. Then I started hammering it. It doesn't smoke a whole lot at all. And it kind of cuts out when I get into it sometimes. But for running it hard the past few trips my mpg has gone up? So maybe I'll give it some time before I make my decision to buy some from Eric or not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Never ran smoke bomb but I do have it. I've been thinking about trying one of Eric's tunes myself but so far I like Bazooka. I'm sure I'll get sick of it after a while and try something else. :D

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'd stick with the custom tuners that have been doing this for a long time and know what they're doing. I wouldn't run MPT tunes if they were free...just for the fact that i have never heard of them and they aren't even well known. Stick with Innovative, TSD, Vivian, RCD, Tony Wildman or Gearhead

·
Registered
636 Posts
TSD game over

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I'd stick with the custom tuners that have been doing this for a long time and know what they're doing. I wouldn't run MPT tunes if they were free...just for the fact that i have never heard of them and they aren't even well known. Stick with Innovative, TSD, Vivian, RCD, Tony Wildman or Gearhead
Don't forget Bill at PHP in that group.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
i just came across asituation whee i asked about tunes, and MPT came up. ther tuner ( MIKE ) is a former 6yr veteran programmer from SCT. havnt really found any other info besides a few posts here, and most seem to prefer other tuners.
We have a member in the GPDA that is running the Bazooka tune and seems to like it. I don't know that I'd run their tunes on my truck till' there was more out there on their tuning.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i run erics but im not sure im happy with the tunes. plenty of power just not a big fan of the way they handle im going to try out vivian of quick tricks and if i dont like hers im gonna try matt at gearhead.

·
Administrator
30,451 Posts
I had Eric's for a Week
I wasn't happy but didn't get any response
So I stumbled on Matt from Gearheads sending someone a tune to try because they were having issues with someones custom tune ,,, Matt did it for free just to help

so based off of that nicety I went with Matt's and was happy I did

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I'll say this about the whole thing, no one tuner is going to make everyone happy. I currently have over 40 tunes on my laptop and have deleted 36 old versions. Doing all the testing for the MTW turbo's has made it necessary for me to change and tweak tunes from several tuners, more than you guys could imagine. Different people will like different tuners. Some guys may love IDP, others may be huge TSD fans. It all has to do with driving style, personal preference and what the individual truck reacts best to. The best thing to do is to buy a tune from several different tuners and just see what you like best.

·
Administrator
30,451 Posts
Agreed but a good tuner can readdress your concerns and tweak them for you

but only if they respond to your emails and phone calls

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Agreed but a good tuner can readdress your concerns and tweak them for you

but only if they respond to your emails and phone calls
Yes, to a point. But like I said, some trucks just don't like some tunes. Also, just for reference, one guy may like Vivian's tunes with its stock reacting low end and it's ridiculously fast top end. Another may prefer Chris's smooth linear throttle progression throughout. It's all about how the truck reacts and the drivers preference.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts