Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story: I grenaded my truck two years ago and have been gun shy to re-tune it. It is currently factorty rebuilt, MBRP 4" straight piped and Edge CTS with EGT's. Well I'm back on the kick and went to plug in my PPE Xcelerator and it wouldnt read the new strategy in my truck. After fighting with them and getting no where CAUSE PPE $UX!!!! I have decided to go with a SCT from IDP. (ordering soon) I am wondering which programs you boys are running. I do a lot of city driving and some highway and tow/haul from occasionally but no too much. So I am looking from something to put me over my current 11-12mpgs (dropped off after the new strategy was installed) and still have some power. I'm looking for a tune that will be SAFE AND RELIABLE FIRST, then get some moderate power and MPG's second. Which three tunes is everyone ordering and runnning. I want an eveyday driver and something to run from time to time to hot rod around. Am I asking for too much?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
My driving habits/style is similar to yours. I run a Looney tune and a Tow tune by Vivian. Her customer service is unbelievable, and the tune is absolutely awesome. I get around 15 MPG when I keep my foot out of it, which is hard to do because it's so much fun to drive. I also have an Extreme Street tune from IDP. Their customer service is mediocre at best and quite unimpressive, especially in comparison to Vivian. The tune is also not as impressive as Vivian's Looney tune, and I don't use it at all. At some point, I plan to get the SRL tune, and a PHP FICM tune. Remember, this is just my humble opinion; your results may vary due to . . . blah, blah, blah.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts