Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the sct livewire iam running the street canned tune and i get a wierd powerband when i accelerate hard not floored but 1/2 to 3/4 peddle its not turbo lag its alredy spooled and iam going 45 mph already any wisdom ?
also getting a weird shift flare from 35 to 40 mph and hesitant shifts truck only has 45k on it only does it with the programmer on it and the shift flare started after the latest ford flash at the dealer the vx 9 one. thank you

·
Registered
381 Posts
not sure but i wouldnt be running that tune if its causing problems . contact ERIC or MATT or VIVIAN and they can write you a tune that will make the truck run great with better mpg and power . all their tunes are fantastic but your truck and your preference will prob like one more than others .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried getting a hold of matt but he didnt answer his yet

·
Registered
272 Posts
emailing matt worked best for me, his tuning is a second job kind of thing so its usually after "typical" business hours. But he will get you taken care of asap and the tunes are top notch!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok awsome thank you

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Does it do it around 2,500 RPMs?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it does it right around there if i remember right

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Mine does the same exact thing, I have a 6 spd so i can hold whatever rpms i want. When im making a half throttle take off from a light whenever it hits 2,500 its like the powerband on a 2stroke 85cc dirtbike, Just kicks in and takes off

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just got custom tunes today so we will see if it still does it but it feels exactly like a 2 stroke powerband

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
my custom tunes do it sometimes too...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hopefully it helps some i guess ill find out here soon

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It does help, It won't do it as much and it doesn't hit as hard

·
Registered
83 Posts
the flare like shift you feel could be the "semi common" 3-5 shift. i think you said 35 mph so that's why i thought of this. my trucks not like my cr250 powerband status but when you hit 2200 rpm it starts to take of like a rocket

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
mine does it too and im custom tuned from matt on my livewire. you guys ever taken off when the engines real cold and if you press the pedal down a hair too hard the thing just starts to fly. its really goofy. i usually let my truck warm up 10 min or more but if i have to leave i try to be easy till its warmed up and if you touch that peadal to hard it just takes off. im glad to know it aint just me with the bad shift and weird powerband. im at 60k miles also

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the truck is deinately alot better now with the gearhead srl tunes but iam getting coolant in my drivers side fenderwell now no leaking from the degas cap though but i can hear a slight whistle on acceleration what would cause this???????

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sounds like you have a weak cap or you just blew your headgaskets or your egr is ruputred

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hopefully egr or leaky hose iam getting it looked at tomorrow fingers crossed its nothing too big but that what my warranty is for

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I void warranties LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts