Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year. I bought a no limit delete kit with the sct bdx. I’m trying to load and get an error code that says. Vehicle not supported. I called no limit and left a message, but it’s New Year’s Day. Any ideas.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My SCT 4 did not have a load first file but I did need to update the device via my PC before it worked. The vendor told me this was a possibility. Truck tuned just fine after that. Started it real quick to double check no issues and then began the diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I called No Limit and they told me to call SCT. SCT has now looked at the problem. SCT told me their engineering department would have to look at the problem and they would call me back in one to two weeks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I’m going to keep it the two weeks and see if I can get results. If not ,I guess I’ll send it back and start over somewhere else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to download the tune unplug everything to do with the dpf and then drive it to a muffler shop like 3 miles down the road and the truck be perfectly fine thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to download the tune unplug everything to do with the dpf and then drive it to a muffler shop like 3 miles down the road and the truck be perfectly fine thanks!

As long as the truck starts and drives, there's nothing I can say that will cause a problem.

Or drive to the shop, tune the truck, unplug everything, and let them do their work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just did mine with the BDX over the holidays - since you are stuck waiting on SCT anyway, have you tried re-syncing/updating the device with a strong WiFi connection? When I did mine I had to do 2 'updates' - 1 for the device itself and 1 to grab the tunes from the cloud.

I did mine in the barn using my cell phone as a hot spot and it updated fine but took a while. Worth a shot...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's been one week and I still have not heard back from sct. They did say it would be one to two weeks. I guess they are needing the two weeks.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If I were you I would have just live chatted them. Probably get an answer way quicker.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It will be missing this giant howitzer under it.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello Llama,

I do apologize for hijacking your thread, but I'm unable to start any new one being a new user. I have absolutely zero issue with anyone modifying any vehicle for off-road use such as yours, it's just that I start to become very annoyed to see it become so very common. My issue with these deletes is not environmental on a large scale climate change etc, but on the small scale exposure to children and people with respiratory issues. There is so much evidence that diesel particulate is really really bad for small children, and for example just last week where I live, there was a stagnant air warning. This meant that the bulk of all that diesel particulate is going to just hang in the air for people to breathe. We need trucks to move our goods, that's fine, but we don't need jacked up full deletes to move one human or to show off etc. I'm definitely venting, and I just want to do something about it. I have researched every single aspect of this, and there is zero enforcement currently. I have concluded that really the only way is to take individual truck owners to court, so that maybe people might be scared to take their full deletes to the mall at least.

Be careful snooping under some of these boys trucks. Might get something you're not prepared for. :grin:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts