Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Livewire for awhile now. Had it with the SCT tunes and the DPF, now with the DPF delete tunes.

In both cases, the 2-3 upshift at wide open throttle seems very jerky...like it doesn't want to shift and then finally "clunks" into gear. I've got the latest revision, but this thing has done it with every SCT tune. Currently, I'm running just the transmission dpf delete tune.

When the truck is in stock form with stock tune (Ford's stock tune) and dpf on the truck acts fine.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am running the extreme tune and when its beginning to flash we have the option of stock or race trans tuning. IF I use the stock trans tune I get the exact same issue you are having.. it becomes unsure of what gear it wants, feels clunky going from 2-3 and feels horrible slushy. IF I use the race trans tune that all goes away and it shifts crisp, clean and responsive, with no issues between 2 and 3.

We had a previous discussion about this very same thing here:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4l-performance-parts-discussion/52445-sct-extreme-tune-trans-setting-options.html

·
Registered
280 Posts
my truck does the same thing but like he said on race trans its good. i keep it on extreme too cause its the best mileage.
when i first put the livewire on my truck it felt great and shifted great on all settings however i got the cel and wrench icon. SCT fixed that for me but thats when my tranny did what you mention. I am sure all this will get fixed in the coming months with custom tuning. The power is awesome on extreme but i prefer the lower settings however the fuel savings makes it worth keeping it on extreme.
i couldnt stand that clunking sound before upshifts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts