Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, as I've said before I'm running an SCT 9625OR tuner with the Innovative Diesel Xtreme Race tune (EGR/DPF/CAT delete, AFE intake). I got a call yesterday to pull a buddy's jeep out of a ditch in a creek ( Jeep Stuck in Creek - Imgur ) and so went down there and first hooked up to him with a tow strap, threw it in 4H and gave it some gas to about 2200-2500 RPMs. What happened was when i let off the gas after realizing that just using the winch would be easier, it died. Now, thank the lord, but it did start right back up. Is it because of the tune, or my truck, or user error? just know that before throwing the tune on it this didn't happen. Should i throw it back to stock before doing and 4x4 rescues? I never voluntarily throw my truck in the mud, just basically sit there, drink beer, and watch the other guys with the winch and 573HP/1219TQ as insurance for them. Dyno'd this weekend in Ennis and that's what she's throwin' down by the way. :thumb: Was anyone else down there for NHRDA Nationals?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Sounds like you just choked it down. This is why you see guys at sled pulls and etc either slowly let off the pedal when they throw the red flag or either they keep patting the pedal to keep this from happening. Your tc was engaged and when you suddenly let of all the torque slowed the motor down so fast it just choked it down (along with the boost on the intake side trying to go back through the compressor wheel thus suddenly slowing it down and its on a shaft connected to the exhaust side so that also creates an effect of covering the exhaust with your hand for example).. Sounds like just a user error

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the insight, makes me feel better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts