Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought an SCT 9625OR for my '08 F350 P6.4L after what seemed like ages of searching, and I'm eager to try it. I have ordered the components for DPF/CAT & EGR deletes, just waiting on them to come in. Also purchasing an AFE Stage II R5 intake. Once i get all the parts in to do the deletes and such I'm going to order the GearHead package with Tow, Hot Street, and Race. But in the mean time, I know it sounds unorthodox and dumb, but with the DPF and EGR on, and with stock intake, is it ok to run canned tunes on my 6.4?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Just be patient, no sense in clogging up your dpf.. If you have it ordered surely it will be there by tomorrow or friday

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I have just bought an SCT 9625OR for my '08 F350 P6.4L after what seemed like ages of searching, and I'm eager to try it. I have ordered the components for DPF/CAT & EGR deletes, just waiting on them to come in. Also purchasing an AFE Stage II R5 intake. Once i get all the parts in to do the deletes and such I'm going to order the GearHead package with Tow, Hot Street, and Race. But in the mean time, I know it sounds unorthodox and dumb, but with the DPF and EGR on, and with stock intake, is it ok to run canned tunes on my 6.4?
Yes, you can as long as you go with a smaller tune and you select you have deleted the DPF, you could run it. That being said, I tend to lean towards waiting on installing it for the reasons Woodboy said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts