Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I returned my truck back to stock to put new battery terminals on. When I completed the work I started the truck then shut it off to make sure everything was working right. When I went to put my Looney tune back on, the second step of turning the key on and waiting a little bit the error code 11023 came up saying it was locked. This is very frustrating as it has been connected to nothing else and the vehicle info, previous and current matches. (VIN, ECU AND TCU) match. batteries weren't changed out just terminal ends. Afraid to do anything and make things worse. It has never been even plugged in to another vehicle. Like stated I returned it to stock, did the work and 30 minutes later tried putting my tune back on and stating error coded11023 married to a different vehicle. Hopefully someone else has seen this and. knows what to do. TIA

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You discharged your batteries, just enough, by starting and shutting off that the tuner can't /won't do its job.
You need to have 100% battery capacity to tune with the SCT.
Throw the batteries on a charger or drive the truck for a couple hours, then try to tune it. If you do the charger method, leave the charger on while you tune it.
I've seen half a dozen (or so) posts of "why can't I" or "my tuner locked my truck up" Yada Yada. They all relate to low batteries. Charge the damn batteries.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yea battery charger was attached and running while doing the tune because of what you mentioned

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured I would update this if anyone ever has this happen or receives this error code. Call them as they had to come in thru my tablet and reprogram the unit not sure if thats the correct tech language but they were needed for correction. Everything works great now as its been a few months now and loading of tunes a few times

1 - 4 of 4 Posts