Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a car wash in town(Which I never do, I always wash it by hand at home because its free and better). I wash my truck and when I'm done, I notice sand on my truck. I don't know if it came from the stupid brush or actually out of the water. Either way, there are fine scratches in multiple places on my truck now!!! I was so freakin pissed. I think they are all fine enough, that they will buff out. I am taking it to a body shop in the morning and they are going to buff the whole truck for me. Life lesson number 1,000,005....don't use the crappy car washes, just do it at home!!

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
It may be in the water, One town in south Texas, I think it was Pharr, there water is full of something and when I washed my truck it was real bad. I started going to the hand car wash in another town and it was so much better. I would go by the car wash before I had the shop wax it out and see if they will pay for the wax job. All they can do is so no. Good Luck because you have a very nice looking truck.
Doug

·
Registered
457 Posts
if you cant feel the scratches... they will buff out... drive to VA and I will take care of it for ya :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
+1 on hand wash, but every now and then I get lazy and use the powerwash with soap. Never those damn brushes or automatics, never know where they have been. As long as they are fine they should come right out.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Most new carwashes use a water reclamation system and most owners cringe at paying to have their filters and tanks maintained propoerly, so you always run the risk of getting sandblasted at "no extra charge". I have seen those little blue brushes be so caked with mud that you could rinse for months and not get them clean.

Sorry for your trouble, I have those on my black truck and have just resigned myself to live with them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
IMO, dont go to a body shop.......most of the time they screw buffing up so bad and make it look worse

my advice is find a good detailer in your area and take it to him

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my truck back yesterday after a few hours and bam! It's all back too normal and has a good wax job to boot. I will never go to a car wash again.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Sure glad it worked out for you.
Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts