Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine lite comes on,this only happens when i frst start the truck from either sitting over nite of a few hours.when i start the truck it acks like it is starving for fuel. wants it warms up it stop doing it, took my chip out and still does it. also this all started about a few weeks ago after i stright pipe it, took muffler off.had it scanned at the dealer and truck repair shop an no codes.after driving for a little bit and turn truck off when i go to restart it starts fine no lite on and runs fine, only does this when its the first start. so can someone plz help me. i dunno:dunno::dunno:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
conduct a cylinder contribution test. You most likely will have to take it back to the dealer for this. Also have an injector buzz test done. These two tests should have been done already. If not then they need to be done.

It sounds like you have a bad injector.

Or your fuel supply pump on the frame rail is going bad. But since it goes away when the engine is warm. I will say it is most likely an injector.

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
Check engine lite comes on,this only happens when i frst start the truck from either sitting over nite of a few hours.when i start the truck it acks like it is starving for fuel. wants it warms up it stop doing it, took my chip out and still does it. also this all started about a few weeks ago after i stright pipe it, took muffler off.had it scanned at the dealer and truck repair shop an no codes.after driving for a little bit and turn truck off when i go to restart it starts fine no lite on and runs fine, only does this when its the first start. so can someone plz help me. i dunno:dunno::dunno:
If the CEL is on there are codes. Get it on a real scanner

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
If the CEL is on there are codes. Get it on a real scanner
He says it comes on when he first starts the truck,. I took it as it shutting off once the truck is running. You know when you first turn the key on all the lights on the dash come on.

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
He says it comes on when he first starts the truck,. I took it as it shutting off once the truck is running. You know when you first turn the key on all the lights on the dash come on.
I was under the assumption it stays on:doh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no what I meant is it keeps bogging out like it looses all power does this till it warms up then goes away and then check engine light goes off. I did have it scanned by the dealership and no codes and they said without a code they are unable to fix the problem.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
no what I meant is it keeps bogging out like it looses all power does this till it warms up then goes away and then check engine light goes off. I did have it scanned by the dealership and no codes and they said without a code they are unable to fix the problem.
Did they do a cylinder contribution and injector buzz test as well.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I did have it scanned by the dealership and no codes and they said without a code they are unable to fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thats a classic! I'm going to keep this:nod:, what is the condition of the motor oil?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this all started after i took off the muffler and straight pipe the exaust.
2,000apox ago i changed the oil(rotella 15w40) , oil filter,fuel filter,new kn air filter,and trans filter. 2 years ago they installed a new injector pump one that is on the frame.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
What was the ICP pressure at start up? You could be having IPR or a weak HPOP. When the oil is cool it is harder to push.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts