Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i do. seems to work well, just wish it had egt......

·
Registered
578 Posts
I use one and monitor volts (for glow pllug operation) MAP (for boost) trans fluid temp, and MPG. I wish I could get it to display oil pressure, water temp, and of course EGT but so far I've had no luck with the first two. I know the EGT won't be displayed but dang it, the PCM knows the oil pressure and water temp so why can't I get it? How about you RJ, what are you watching?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
im watching MAP, Trans temp, Water temp, and Air intake temp. read the book, you can tap into the X-gauge and make it do alot... if you dont have one let me know and i can give you the codes. its kinda a guess, there are several codes that it could be, but one of them will work. there is a index in the book that has the X-gauge codes. hope this helps.....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
any luck with it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
what dose yalls map read at idle??and how did yall get it to read the trany temp

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
read the book. you can type the x gauge code and it will read it. ill look at see what i typed in.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I got the X-gauge bit to work for the trans temp but the one I tried for the water temp didn't work. Maybe I'll try another one. They are long and tedious to enter but very nice. I look at intake air temp every now and even fuel rate sometimes but not often.

Water temp would be great.

·
Registered
578 Posts
MAP at idle varies with atmospheric pressure, mine usually reads 14.3 psi. I've bumped 30psi when running hard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts